xisto Community
GameUltra

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3

It's a fantastic 3D simulator game, you've probably heard of it before, you get to build and maintain your own theme park/ amusement park, and build all sorts of rides and rollercoasters for it.You can make paths, add decorations and scenery, you can hire entertainers, and assign them patrol areas to be used in combonation with scenery and signs to make different park sections.It comes with a built-in firework editor so you can hold firework or light shows in your park.You can also hire mechanics, handymen, and all sorts of staff members.You can even customize your park geusts to look like you and your family/friends...Who plays this game besides me, andyone got some park screenshots to share? :mellow:

I think rollercoaster tycoon 1 was a great game. It was innovative. It had a great concept and gameplay....Roller coaster tycoon 2 actually dissapointed me....no new grapics engine....no great new functions....just some new roller coasters and collors, that was it.Then RCT3 came out. I saw i and thought: A new grapics engine, this could be good.... But actually, besides the fireworks and another few things, again I think there's not a new concept with new functions...I've not played it with the expansion yet and i don't know if it's better then.Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's a bad game, but it could have used some more new functions....

this game is so fun :) I love watching people come into the theme park x] I'm actualy pretty scared of riding roller coasters in real life... but this game definitely ain't freaky! It's almost as good as the sims 2 for a simulator game =]

I got my first experience of playing roller coaster tycoon 3 yesterday at a friends house.....it was very good except he had like no memory left in it so we couldnt actually see the rides....i loved the pre madde coaster feature it saves a lot of time and makes it much easier for newbs[like me] at the game to play it. I also liked how the ridea broke down, it makes it more lifelike.....the only thing i didnt like is how big the area is it is ridiculous....i would give it around 8.5-9/10.....

This is a very fun and addicting game i play it for hours i recomend getting the expansions especially soaked so you can have lasers in your shows ive made so many mixmaster shows i cant count them all but ive had issues importing my custom stuff into the game but over all i rate the game a 10 out of 10 the lag gets a bit high when you have alot of stuff in your park but it dosnt affect the game too much

What I loved about RCT1 and 2 (i haven't played the third one yet but I'm hoping to) is that I get to break the roller coasters and drown the guests. I would have them go to a dead end dock and then go to the editing mode and take off the wooden dock and watch them drown. Also when I lock up these vandalists by placing four benches around them so they can't move. It's a fun simulator and it was very addicting.

Big fan of these tycoon games. Rollercoaster Tycoon was one of the first tycoon games I played and I never seem to get tired of playing it. Still have it on my computer and play it when I have time.Same here. I think the first Rollercoaster Tycoon series was the best of them all. Nothing beats the original :P

Hey, and that RollercoasterPro link you posted led me to two different rollercoaster simulators! I loved them too, but they're not games like RTC... They're real simulator for engineers and architects and stuff... Very interesing and also fun, maybe you guys should give them a breef try. I think one of them was called Screaming Machines and the other one was caled NoLimit Coaster. Another one mentioned on that RollercoasterPro site was HyperRail, but I couldn't download it.

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 was a very big let-down for me. I was installing it thinking that I would be addicted to this game for the next 30 years and when I loaded up my first themepark in sandbox mode, I got lost. The game was nothing like I remembered it being. Roller Coaster tycoon 2 was awesome. I loved the little lawn mowing janitors that ran around cleaning puke up around my roller coasters, but with this new game, I just didn't get that thrill. Of course, I could still have janitors that cleaned up puke but it was not the same.One major positive with roller coaster tycoon 3 is the ability to take a ride on your own roller coaster, and what makes it even better is taking a ride on a sabotaged rollercoaster and riding it into the ground. Thats a trip ;)And the fireworks. I have no idea how it helps my theme park but they are very cool. I designed a firework show that lasted a little bit over 50 seconds and it took me 3 hours. If you have ever used Fruity Loops Studio, its basically the same system, but built for less intelligent people.Overall, I think the gameplay is no better then # 2. I would give rct3 a 6/10 just for keeping all of the features from #2 and just building off of them. Sandbox mode was a real let-down too. Unlimited cash for a park is no fun. Where is the challenge?

I think Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 was the best of all. The graphics of RCT 3 are still make me crying, but I have all expensions of it B)The Coastercam is nice and the firework too. //Boeing

Finally got some time to play with Rollercoaster Tycoon 3. Like some of you pointed out, I'm also disappointed in this version. It has much more features but then again, also more confusing menus in my opinion. Game play is similar to the prior versions...still like the first version over RCT2 and RCT3 B)

I used to really like this game, the cool graphics and the 'sit-on' option. When you get in to this game, it can be great. i find, however, that it is just difficult to get in to. i could spend hours making a theme park, and cool roller coasters. i think that it is one of those games where the more hours you put in to it, the better it will be.