xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
irwan6179

Graphic Card Recommendation

my budget is under $100i think ati 9550 is the best card under $100do u all think so??actually i want to ask somemone who using this card...what brand they bought for ati9550i thought to buy ati9550 128mb 128bit...is it good??and...how u all think bout this card??good??how bout the game support of this card??good for game??hope u guys can help...thanks

I personally don't have the ATI 9550 128MB card but I run the 9250, if I had had the extra $30 when I bought it I would have gone for the 9550, but as for video cards I would definetly suggest the Radeon Series by ATI they, IMHO, are better then the Nvidia GeForce Series.

It's not the fastest card around, but it'll do fine.
http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/tul9550/

For the lower range card, I would go for the ATI card, while the nv card are best for performance (66xx, 68xx and 78xx series).

Whatfore do you need it ? Gaming and what kind of (much, rare, rpg, fps, tps, ...)

Ya, I'd say its pretty ok. ATI is the best card maker in my opinion. But you can't get anything good for under 100 bucks. I'd recommend waiting until you get another 100, nless you're desperate. Then buy this one.

yeah i think that card is suit my need... i just play unreal tournament 2004 and sometimes dooom3(i hate adventure fps, it makes me dizzy finding ways, but i play becoz i like its superb scary graphic :P )but maybe i should wait like what zerohawk said, coz my current card can run the doom but in low res and lighting... B)

I think ATI is originally made and probably now as well for movie editing, etc... For GeForce, I believe they have always been active in the gaming community.... Providing great performance for any gamer's computer... I think ATI is not getting into the mix as well.. and vice versa... but that happens when theres money to be made in a particular specialty...Chin chin...

I think ATI is originally made and probably now as well for movie editing, etc... For GeForce, I believe they have always been active in the gaming community.... Providing great performance for any gamer's computer... I think ATI is not getting into the mix as well.. and vice versa... but that happens when theres money to be made in a particular specialty...
Chin chin...

ATI has always been about gaming and high end graphics its just that back in the day there were 3 major GPU makers...3dFx, NVidia, and ATI. The 3DFX Voodoo Series basicly were the top of the line cards with NVidia second and ATI at the bottom of the pile. Then 3dFX started to faulter after their market shares started to fall when their Voodoo5 was way to expensive and NVidia made and was successful with a buy out bid. Now NVidia uses the SLi tech that they got with the 3Dfx buy out and use it to "dominate" the market...only thing is that the new XFire system used by ATI, though more expensive I'll admit, is much better cause it allows you to use any x800, x850 card with the XFire to get dual card performance, while the SLi cards by NVidia have to be "perfectly matched" cards. So IMHO the ATI cards are better.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

If you want an ATI video card go with the link above (Radion 9700 pro for 96 dollars including shipping)

If you want a Gforce I could only find a low one I think you are much better off going with the Radion on that selection but, for me Gforce has lasted much longer than Radion so you might want to check it all out and chose which ever you like better.

http://www.amamax.com/

since i use radeon for my lappy, im turning away from nvidia which i revered earlier... now radeon is my choice... i still dont know to buy for the desktop... i just dont have enough experience to make a choice.. haha... now still using the old card... budget is tight... maybe take a longer time to buy a new gc

You have AGP don't you... If only you had PCI Express noooo...

http://imptestrm.com/rg-erdr.php?_dnm=www.zipzoomfly.com&_cfrg=1&_drid=as-drid-2300300503455222

For christ sake under $100 come on. You got to give me more to work with. If you had $121 you could get a Doom 3 worthy video card so don't be cheap. Save up $21 more dollars and get this. $118 + $3 shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Common/MessagePage.aspx?MsgCode=-1&ID=89

That is so cheap and good. Better than my video card and way better than the cards your considering. Even I'm considering getting that...

stop acting like total newbiesradeon is better or ge force .. ( it's one word idiot , geforce ) to compare any card take a card from a same generation and compare it to the same generation by the other companyie The Radeon 9xxx series VS the Geforce FX seriesThe Radeon Xseries Vs The Geforce 6xxx seriesThe Radeon X1xxx ( R250 ) series VS the Geforce 7xxx series I personaly never owned an ATi but from the benchmark I saw my Little Geforce 6600 128 DDR ( Not gt ) beats almost all ATi radeons up till the x700 . and it costs arround $112 .another alternative for low cost would be the Radeon X300 or The Geforce 6200 ( avoid the turbo cache one tho ) .and AVOID ANYTHING WITH LE / SE / VE on it , from both ( nvidia and ati ) and AVOID 64bit cards ( get 128 bit or 256 only ) one more note , don't focus on the amount of memory it got ie getting a 256 Geforce FX5200 for example IS NOT BETTER than a 128 Geforce 6200 or even a FX 5600good vendors : BFG - eVGA - XFX - Msi - Leadtek - Gigabyte - ASSUS

From what I've seen ATI starts to kill on higher resolutions. Nvidia is head to head or leads in lower resolutions but the higher you go the further behind Nvidia gets. And the point to video cards is higher resolutions/better graphics right? I would go with ATI. Personally there was one thing that made me hate Nvidia. I forget when it was but ATI came out with a new card and Nvidia responded by overclocking one of their old cards. Then they sold the damn thing for like $100 more when it just had a bigger heat sink on it. Nvidia ended up losing the high resolution benchmarks again anyway. But I have known people who buy certain model Nvidia cards and overclock them. They seemed pretty happy but I figure you could do the same with ATI. You can go check out a program called ATITool but don’t break or burn your video card.