xisto Community
xboxrulz

Edit Button

Darn, that was exactly what I was going to suggest. I know of another host that has a similar system, and upon post edits or deletions, the new point count is calculated, and quoted text is negated. If this could be done for Xisto, and the edit button put back, I'm sure all our lives would be easier. ^-^ And then staffies wouldn't have to do so much work in editing posts and such for people, and double-posts would be reduced, letting members view the forums more clearly and all that good stuff.

Hmm on some forums there is a time limit as to how long you can edit your post.  IE you can edit your post for up to one hour after you posted.  So if you posted your message without reading it over and did not catch your mispellings the first time then you can fix those mistakes for up to one hour.  I don't know if this message board has that capablity though.

A way to prevent this issue is to preview your post before submitting.  Basically you click the Preview Post button instead of the add reply button.  When you preview the post you will discover any grammatical errors as well as any other problems you might see when rereading your post.  Its an idea anyway,  :rolleyes:

Beth

61194[/snapback]

Hopefully Xisto can one day find a way around that so one post gives you credits only for its first posting and not further editings... because I REALLY miss the edit option. I haven't been in many forums without the edit option but I don't think anything more annoying exists in a forum then not being able to edit your posts. It happens to be my biggest pet peeve with forums :lol:

How about the credits can be decreased if the size of your post decreases. Like:I post 1,000 irrelevant words, and get 10 credits.So my credit goes from 7, to 17.Then I change the 1,000 irrelevant to 100 smart ones.So then my credit changes from 17 to 8.That's fair. And can't be abused.How about it?

How about the credits can be decreased if the size of your post decreases. Like:

I post 1,000 irrelevant words, and get 10 credits.

So my credit goes from 7, to 17.

Then I change the 1,000 irrelevant to 100 smart ones.

So then my credit changes from 17 to 8.

That's fair. And can't be abused.

How about it?

154586[/snapback]

Hmm...good idea, but may be hard to implement. The reason is that hosting credits are already recorded into the database once the post has been posted, so it could be difficult to recall it. It may work though, so suggest it to OpaQue. :rolleyes:

I will tell you why the Edit button was removed.

Double posting, althought not a serious issue, can be prevented. If you find that you made a mistake in your post, simply report your own post to an admin or moderator and explain your position. We will be glad to fix everything for you without giving you a warning. :D

65286[/snapback]

Hi

I post yesterday for first time. My posting had URLs. When I posted it, I found that the URLs didn't work. So I tried to find Edit button to edit it . I couldn't find Edit button and the help show titles without moving to details when i click on subtitel.

When I couldn't find solution I copied the message in new message , correct what I want and posted agin. it took the next serial number. i.e#20 and #21 were the same.

I report the matter to remove #20 as u suggested .

After minutes, #20 was remove as I wished, but my creidits become -13.30 instead of +10.

I penalised by reduction 18.30 instead of subtracting 5 from 10 .

the nearly double pages were only for 5-8 minutes and I reported it bymeslf to remove one.

How and where I ask to fix the matter.

With my regards

Kasm

Whenever your post gets deleted, in this case, you are penalized with reduction in credits. To avoid this issue in the future, please use the PREVIEW POST next to ADD REPLY button. You can review the layout and test out all links in working condition before you submit for finalization.Thank you.

When I first joined and started posting, I too wondered why there wasn't an EDIT button. Now that I hear about people abusing the feature, I now understand why. I make some mistakes every now and then, but I usually don't worry about it as long as people can understand the general gist of my post.

Please refer to pinned topic on:

Free Web Hosting > Have your say > Support and Feedback > Suggestions

Pinned post http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ provides further explanation to why EDIT is no longer available to general members.

This thread is closed. Thank you everybody for insightful inputs.

Edit: Please do not create additional topic regards to Edit feature/button.

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)