xisto Community
wutske

Mercury Messenger previously called dMSN

Ok, I want to present you Mercury Messenger. It's a great chat program wich supports MSN, Jabber and Gmail Talk! (or at least the service).

It's made in Java and is very customisable (especialy since 1709B03a).

There are a few downsides to it (like large memory demands and Sygate PF wich hangs when Mercury is running), but it's a good one, I think it's even better than MSN.

It has almost everything MSN has, except than sending custom winks (is being worked on) and the sounds sending feature. It has lost of custom emoticons, skins, listviews, ... on merxtra.

This is what mine looks like (might not work, hosted by Xisto): Posted Image

http://mercury.to/

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

yup, have been a Mercury Messenger user since it was called dMSN.It's a great piece of software, except that it does take too much of my memory, which annoys me. I have 512 MB RAM, 2.5 GHZ machine and it still lags it. Damn Java!xboxrulz

how can it have support for google talk already?! its still beta! and personally i like my msn 8.5 better, with all the hacks out there for it, its really customizable, also another good messenger i use is zango, insted of having icq yahoo and aim i can just have zango

how can it have support for google talk already?! its still beta! and personally i like my msn 8.5 better, with all the hacks out there for it, its really customizable, also another good messenger i use is zango, insted of having icq yahoo and aim i can just have zango

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I simply connects to the Talk! server ;) .

One even made a Talk! listview ;) (Image )

Other images :

Image2

Image3

Noia Skin

Mercury Messenger is too cluttered for my liking. There's only so much information I want to absorb at a given moment, which is why I prefer Trillian and Gaim. And I definitely wouldn't give up my trusty Sygate firewall.Unfortunately, every chat program I have so far used has at least one fatal flaw. Gaim is buggy, Trillian only allows plaintext profiles, AIM is unstable and contains annoying advertising, and there are plenty of others which simply do not allow me to connect to the AIM network (where all my friends are).Why doesn't Mercury allow AIM buddy lists?

I think it can work with AIM through Jabber, tough I'm not shure about that.I don't get it how jabber works, but it mentions something about ICQ and AIM and so on.So it is possible that it can work wih AIM buddy lists.

Mercury working with Vista?

Mercury Messenger

I like Mercury, I've never had a problem with it, and I work on a MAC. However, I tried to webcam with a friend tonight. She is using VISTA. She could see my webcam, but everytime she tried to send hers, or accept my invitation for me to view hers, it did not work. Does anyone know why this is? You'd think if it worked one way, it would work the other way.

-question by James Cole

warning

Mercury Messenger

"also another good messenger I use is zango, insted of having icq yahoo and aim I can just have zango"

Zango is spyware!

-reply by anon

Display MsnMercury Messengerhey, anyone know why my friends can't see my display on msn...They used to see it, when it still was DMsn, but now...They only see the MSN dude in my display...Can anyone help me with this?Thank you,Grtz-question by James

problem with mercury webcam chat Mercury Messenger

Ive beenhaving problems with using my built in web cam on my mac with mercury

When I send an invite to a friend all they can see is a white screen but when they send me an invited It doesnt even connect.

Can anyone help me please 

-reply by bbroe