xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jedipi

Local Flash Anime Cannot Be Played In Firefox?

pay attention, *.swf is in my local hard driveFlash in any website can be show in my firefox 1.06,However, when I open a *.swf, which is in my local hard drive, FireFox popup a dialogue (save or open with other application).It suppose to play the *.swf flash in firefox....How can fix this????

Now, that's very weird. I have firefox 1.0.6 and it plays .swf files on my hard disk in both linux and windows.

The best method is to play swf files through Flash Player, due to it's security sandbox technique which doesn't allow swf files to read data from the hard drive except for cookie data that it creates.Make sure you've installed the Flash Player plugin for Firefox, I'm thinking firefox doesn't directly know the type of file associated with swf by default so you may need to make sure it knows how to handle the swf extension, this will be found in Firefox's preference under Downloads.Cheers,MC

I didn't know you could play .swf files straight into the browser, I thought you had to export it to HTML or something (and have the plugin of course), either way I just tried and it actually does... Is amazing what one learns in these forums and stuff... lol

the problem is gone when I replace the 1.0.x with the nightly built snapshot from Mozilla.org.