xisto Community
iGuest

Which Is Your Favourite Instant Messanger ?

I use MSN since years. I've never used another one. O, no, that's not true, i've used Xfire, but I never got into that, cus no other one has that. MSN is just really good. Al my friens have it and i love it. ;)

i use Yahoo Messenger most of all... and frankly... not because it is very good, but because the others well... THEY SUCK ! I mean yeah, Yahoo has audibles and smilyes, and has a "tent" of voice comunication, but it's well under skype at that chapter ! Another reason why i use yahoo is that most of my friends have it ! I think that is the way that we all get fond of a messenger or another : our friends have it, so we install it so we can talk to them and.. voila... we start to like it ! That's why some like MSN and others AIM, but i think that if all of us whould have all of them, we whould all use Yahoo, because it's the least dreadfull !

I use Trillian, it combines AIM/ICQ/YAHOO/IRC/MSN.And I'll probably start using Skype soon. :)But as a single IM, I prefer MSN too. Even though it's Mircoshit. ;)Pardon my language. ;)

i am using msn 7.5. i find it a good one. as i read there is a newer coming. anw i find msn better for me cz many people have it and it is easier to comminicate with all your friends. whatsmore its an easy to use program with nice features. the only negative i found is that the speed it transfers files is very very slow. hope the newer version be faster.

It was Y!M. Now now, Y!M stop working after 10 minutes of runnning and make a serious crash. So I moved to GAIM, which is opensourced and supports many different protocols. I also use MSN as many others use it. My partners in opensource projects, for example.

I myself use Gaim and it has everything I need for my Instant Messaging, I never really tryed anything else on windows, except for google talk and skype, but on linux I tryed different ones, which were quite nice too, on kde it was better to use qt written software rather than gaim. :)

Google Talk is my love of the IM world. One of things I really like is the very low memory useage so everythings very fast and doesn't come with the overhead that YIM and MSNM, AIM come with, yes I could use Gaim, but ive never really like it. Calls are good quality and reliable. Fair enough id like to be able to change the colour of my text, and send files would be a god send but its still early beta so it may be included later.Second favourite is MSNM just because of the wide use of it where I live.

I started to use instant messengers about 3 years ago. It was MSN that made me do it. I had it on my computer, but never used it, so I wanted to give it a try. And it turned out pretty well.Then, when Google Talk appeared, I downloaded it, but I didn't use it much until now, because I didn't have anyone to talk. Now I use it pretty often.The latest IM I started using is ICQ. I had to get some job done by ICQ, so I had to register and download it. I have tried it before, but I didn't fancy it too much. Even now I don't!So - 3 instant messengers:1. MSN Messenger - because of it's possibilities2. Google Talk - the opposite - because of the simplicity3. ICQ - because I have to :)