xisto Community
iGuest

Which Is Your Favourite Instant Messanger ?

I am using MSN primarily. Yahoo is also good..i found it better for voice/video chats. I have yet to try the new GoogleTalk as its blocked in my network for now.

What's everyone's Instant Messanger Service? AIM, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo or another one?

Let me know... mine's MSN.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, man - I JUST downloaded and installed AIM last night so a friend could send me some of her files. Blah. I hate it. I'm actually uninstalling it as I type this, oddly enough.

I prefer Yahoo just because I use some of their other services anyway, as do most of the people I actually care to keep in touch with.

But does anyone remember using ICQ when it was first released (i.e. before it really started to suck)? Man, that used to be a good IM prog.

Does those all-in-one IM programs count also? I have tried Trillian, Miranda and GAIM before.Trillian is really great, but can be a huge resource hog at times, especially when you're chatting with a bunch of users. Miranda is lightweight, but I had some problems with it connecting to MSN and IRC.The one I'm trying out right now is GAIM, which is an open-source program. So far, it looks and works good. Plain and simple, which is how I like it.

i use yahoo just because it was the first one i tried as i had a yahoo account and most of my friends use yahoo....well, before gmail came out. i'd like to try the google talk chat, as generally what comes from google is avant-garde and miles ahead of the competitors.

I think most of you that know me, will now feel the urge to shoot me. I prefer Skype. I have always liked voice chat, even though it's a killer for my allotted transfer amount a month. The voice is far more clearly than on MSN, and actually uses less resources. The only thing I can't do, is host a 3 or 4 way conversation. That just kills my personal BW, but if someone else hosts it, then yep it works fine ;) I have tried GoogleTalk once, but I am not too sure if I like it. But then again, I haven't added people to it ;)I dislike AIM the most of all IM services. It's a very unforgiving service, with the flood protection, which can get so annoying.Yahoo, I only use to talk to a few people I know. Mostly a close friend who uses it while she's at work. Other then that, I don't start it up much. MSN, however; is almost always connected. I don't care for MSN much with the ads, all the "buy our smilies" etc, but everyone else uses it. So to an extend that forces me into using it as well.

I mostly use AIM, but I maybe getting MSN and Yahoo accounts soon. As for clients, I don't use AOL's, I use Gaim. It's very nice, and it also supports Jabber, MSN, a few others (possibly Yahoo), and even IRC. ;)

[sarcasm]if you like bloated interface, useless options, noobish winks/sounds/buzzers and banners MSN 7 is the best for you.If you like text messaging, sending files and simplicity. GAIM does the job perfectly.[/sarcasm]

Yahoo tops the list Friends.! Its a real fact that Features like yahoo cant be matched... I've tried trillian ..But the smileys in trillian just are so boring and not animated ones!In yahoo i love the new feature of Audibles .. So we can express more with yahoo ! Icq,msn,gaim,trillian,g talk look very boring to me.! The Im with minimum features i saw was google talk.. Its interface is unfriendly too ! I would rank this way...1.yahoo2.Msn3.gaim..skype is just good for voice chat!For chatting Yahoo !

well, i've been using yahoo messenger for a long time.. and most of my friends are on msn, so i have to use both.for that i got gaim, which supports both and its pretty cool, you actually knw who blocked you etc..yet to try the google talk, it doesnt work on my win98, gotta try it on another pc.. for now.. just GAIMbtw, how's google talk? better than we have already?