xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Which Is The Fastest Browser?

at the moment i think opera is the leading browser, it has recently come out with its brand new version opera 8.5 definetly surpased all other web browsers but you needed a lisence which didnt make to many people happy, so they decided to make it freeware so i would have to say opera is now by far the best,arnt mozilla and firefox the same thing? mozilla made firefox i believe, but firefox was the leading browser before opera 8.5 and ie7 but since firefox hasnt come out with any really worth while releases, ie7 (for beta testers like myself) surpased firefox in realiablity security and browsing speed, with built in updates, stoping worms in their tracks, searchs for website phishing seals security gaps and stops spyware microsoft has taken a huge step in the right direction, and with a user friendly interface, alowing you to have one window to browse several pages and a search engine conviniently in the top right corner and displaying only the buttons you need (stop, refresh, go) these will only displayed if they are needed and that saves space, taking the tool bars from 3, to 2..but is it too late to get back the users who were fed up with ie and switched to firefox?? probably, but let it be known...once Microsoft releases IE 7 they will be second in the list for top web explorersnetscape....they used to be good, they once were top but they were never freeware and netscape is focused completly on security, so if your a security freak netscape is the way to go, but you need to pay for it and its just not worth it when opera is freeware... so my list for top web explorers would be1. Opera 8.52. Internet Explorer 73. Mozilla/Firefox4. Netscape

if talking about fastest, then dillo for me was the fastest internet browser, but it does not have css support as I remember, also speaking about fastest on amiga os ibrowse and aweb are much more fatser than opera or firefox, but speaking about modern to date browsers, firefox for me got slow after opera got free, of course i felt that the new beta firefox is faster than it used to be, but i will say most features and speed has opera., I never really used ie, so can't say a lot about it, what i can add. the tests has been done and konqueror on kde has been deceraded being fastest, but I don't really like using it. I would like to see safari in action on my own. :)

Firefox is the fastest webbrowser avaiable today. Im sure of it. somewhere here on forums I posted a tutorial that I digged out from dirt on other forums and thutorial talks about how to speedup your Firefox browser... wait, maybe I'll find it here somewhere... oh, here it is, it's on Xisto forums, anyway here is a link to it: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/87925-topic/?findpost=1064332748=

don't be funny, firefox is slow on all os'es, you try to browse with it for longer on bigger resolution with more tabs and you will see the difference say from other browsers i mentioned above :) and if the source is very big, i mean the html/css source it will be much slower than opera by scrolling and changing between tabs.. i have done css tests, try it your self, find some css tests for browsers through google or any search engine you use..

Speed isn't everything for me, and to be honest I haven't tried Opera in quite some time. I use Firefox, currently, and besides testing page designs I'll never open IE. I hate it. Firefox is fast enough for me .. I'm not really a need-for-speed guy. I love the extensions and tabbed browsing, those two alone lay the smack down on IE. I guess maybe I'll give Opera another try, but at the moment Firefox is my browser. Interesting article. :)

firefox is slow on all os'es, you try to browse with it for longer on bigger resolution with more tabs and you will see the difference say from other browsers i mentioned above :huh:

1064331090[/snapback]

I strongly disagree! First I used IE and it was awful! It kept crashing and couldn't open some web sites. Then I swithced to FireFox, which turned out to be MUCH faster in terms of the program speed. It was with 1024x768. Now I work on 1280x1024 and usually with more than three tabs and it's doing great. Firefox is just the best...

I realize this is offtopic, but I felt to tell you guys that OPERA has been bought by Microsoft.

1064333712[/snapback]

You just ruined my day :huh: but do you have any links that people could read about it ? :S

I use Opera. It is a great browser which supports tabbed browsing. It blocks almost all unwanted popups and has an inbuilt transfer option which enables users to download files within opera. It is great browser. Im sure many of you will agree with me.

For me the actual best Browser is Firefox. Secure and fast. IE is for me the more unsecured and maybe Opera 9.0 is the more fast, but Firefox is secure and fast at same time.

I've found firefox on my pc to be pretty much the same speed as opera. But the opera free browser is loaded with ads and will slow you down. So unless you actually want to go and spend some coin on a browser, hey opera is there. But for the person who is cheap like me. I say firefox is the one in my books. Its multiplatform and customizable for anyone who wants to use it. Also the tabs function minimizes windows for me.

I realize this is offtopic, but I felt to tell you guys that OPERA has been bought by Microsoft.

1064333712[/snapback]

That was a big rumour - nothing else. Just search on google or click on this search link:

https://www.google.com/search?q=opera+bough:en-US:official

You'll find plenty of articles claiming this on various news sites and forums - and Opera themselves have denied this.

Infact, the first two hits on the search are on Opera denying the microsoft takeover and an article by Steve Ballmer (Chief Executive, Microsoft) on why Opera will not be bought by Microsoft dated 26th January 2006.

As for me I'm a Firefox guy all the way through. I've got Opera 8.5 installed too, but when I start opening too many tabs on it - for every new tab I open, Opera gets slower and slower and starts freezing up the older tabs, till the new tabs haven't finished loading. This behaviour is abolutely intolerable.

Firefox gives me no such trouble. Don't try telling me there's something wrong with my system. I got a P4-3Ghz with 2GB ram and a 1meg ADSL link here. With Firefox, I can open about 30 Tabs simultaneously - without noticing even the minimal system lag. All tabs continue loading simultaneously. Not so with opera. It would just freeze up the older ones - giving it a very bulky and shaky appearance. If Opera cannot perform well on a system like mine - what would it do good on ?

I've got the same complaint with Opera that m^e does. People claim that Opera is the fastest browser. Well, I haven't noticed anything of the kind with my Opera install. Opera may be loading slightly faster than Firefox does (I can't really tell, though, as I don't clock it), but the difference is negligible. As for speed in rendering web pages... I don't see the difference either. Opera is touted as "The Fastest Browser on Earth". But what does it matter if the speed difference is only a few seconds? Speed isn't everything, and it's certainly not enough to be a selling point for me.

When it comes to browsers, I used to abide by Firefox. I still do even though, as my sig states, I use the Flock web browser. Flock is based around the Mozilla source code, anyway, so in a sense it's just as if I'm still using Firefox. Why I use Flock instead of Firefox itself is because Flock's whole approach to web browsing fits my needs perfectly. If you're not into the whole social browsing scene as I am, then you're better off sticking with Firefox. After all, there's a reason why it's ranked number two in browser market shares statistics. =^^=