xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sarah81

Notebook Or Laptop? Whats the difference, if anything?

Laptops and notebooks are largely the same thing. It is just that two names have been used in the past to describe the same thing.However, there are new notebooks / laptops marketed as 'netbooks', which are small form factor notebooks / laptops that are marketed mainly for accessing the internet on the go without lugging around a large notebook / laptop.

Laptop v Notebook v NetbookNotebook Or Laptop?

The laptop is a portable desktop that has the capabilities to do what a desktop could do. It has all the functions such as USB ports, LAN/WAN networking, and most importantly a DISC drive of some sort (Blu-ray, DVD-RW, CD-RW).The notebook is college student friendly. Typically with the capabilities of internet connectivity/networking, and USB for data sharing/access. Most notebooks do not come with internal DISC drives. They are seen more as a portable computer designed for the student/business person.The netbook is the smallest and therefore most portable computer. They are in most cases just like a notebook, but ultra-small/thin for the ultimate space saver.Now, these are my views of the differences of the 3. It is based on my own logical thoughts of each "type" of portable computer.I have a laptop! LOL!

-reply by Brandon