xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
joe91179

Can You Recommend Any Good MP3 Players? Good MP3 players?

Can you list some trustworthy and reliable MP3 player brands. I've heard Apple, Creative, and iAdudio are pretty good. I was thinking of getting an iAudio one, but I wanted to see first if anyone else had purchased a product from them so I can make a good decision. Thanks!

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

Can you list some trustworthy and reliable MP3 player brands. I've heard Apple, Creative, and iAdudio are pretty good. I was thinking of getting an iAudio one, but I wanted to see first if anyone else had purchased a product from them so I can make a good decision. Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've been kinda-sorta checking out MP3 players myself. I won't be able to get one for awhile yet, but there's nothing to stop me from narrowing down my future options *smiles*

I've heard great things about Apple of course, so I would recommend that you keep looking into them. You can check out user review sites such as epinions for information from people who have actually bought and used the things. Granted, you'll find some poorly written, biased, just-plain-bad pieces, but there are some really iinformative pieces there as well.

I've also heard that some Rio models have bad habits of falling apart on people - more than once, and with more than one person. I don't know if that's very common or if it's just another matter of people NOT talking when they're happy but saying plenty when they're not, but I think it merits investigation.

I hope this helps a little bit.

there was a cool one i saw on g4 tech tv 1gig amfm radio voice recorder and it was like an inch high by an inch wide and like an inch thick it was 120$ at walmart but I cant remember the name. hope this helps

there was a cool one i saw on g4 tech tv 1gig amfm radio voice recorder and it was like an inch high by an inch wide and like an inch thick it was 120$ at walmart but I cant remember the name. hope this helps

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, this one is really wicked. I want to get this so badly but the $130 price tag is just too much for me right now. It's so small ;) The name of this mp3 player is mobiBLU. For those interested, take a look at the Walmart site. Keep in mind that you can't get this in-store. I heard that someone tried before and the salesperson was clueless as to what he was asking for ;) So online only ;) You thought the iPod shuffle was small, I think mobiBLU beats them all ;)

My recommendation is the Creative Muvo TX FM. This small mp3 player (not nearly as small as the mobiBLU - nothing is ;) ) can play MP3s, store data, play FM radio, record FM radio and also acts as a voice recorder. I love this mp3 player and give it a 10 out of 10.

I guess it also depends on what kind of mp3 players you want to get. There are several kinds:

1. Hard drive based - these can store a lot of data (since they have hard drives) but it's not recommend to use if you want to have it during your morning jog (shaking a hard drive is not a good idea :) )

2. CD Based - most cd players today will support the mp3 format so you can burn MP3s on CDs and play them on the cd players. Good for jogging, but may be kind of big.

3. Flash based - these are probably one of the more popular ones. They are more expensive that cd players but usually less expensive than the hard drive based mp3 players. Flash based mp3 players are also the smallest of the 3 main kinds of mp3 players I listed here. They are great for jogging and, as you can see, can be quite small in size.

To answer your question, if it's a flash mp3 player you want, I have to say Creative Labs hands down. For hard drive based, I can't really say since I only had one and I don't use it much. The one I have is the 20GB Archos Jukebox Recorder. It's a little big but it won't cost me an arm and a leg like the iPods. They have the Archos gMini and the last time I heard of this, it can play DVDs also. It's very light and compact. So you might want to take a look at that also.

Well, I like a lot the Ipod it is so good, but with the newest technology are better. For example, I like so much the newests thing of Palm, the agenda, PDA, the lifeDrive.. with 4 Gigabitys I can store a lot of information, not only music, also pictures, documents, presentations, archives, games, a lot of things, like a mini computer, and also music, and videos.. and so because of this, and a lot of things, I prefeer the PDA, of Palm, not only for the reproduction of , just for the posibility to have all the things in a little and smart machine

My friend ordered an iPod Shuffle before they even hit the stores and he loves it. I haven't personally listened to it but he wears it all day at work so it must be at least half way decant.

If you want good sound quality, tons of features, reliability, Creative is the best in these aspects. If you want people to look up to you and give you some "status", go for Apple. The other upcoming competitiors like iRiver, Sony, they are cheaper generally. But I'm not sure of the quality.

Personally I would suggest getting a standard mp3 player just for music. I mean do really need an mp4 or and mp3 that play videos as well? My mp3 is made by Napa with 256mbs and was only 25 pounds and I bought it from Currys. It has voice recording and music playing and that's all I want really.

The best value I have found when it comes to mp3 players is the iaudio X5. It can play a tremendous number of formats, has video support, voice recorder, can be used as a portable hard drive on all OSes, has fantastic battery life, and costs the same as a similar ipod. They are also really well built.

I don't find Ipods attractive, more of disgusting, unreliable, and the screen scratches Way to easily. Your better off going with the mobiBLU, Ipod might have alot of memory storage but there are 2 major issues with it.1. most Ipods take FOREVER to upload the songs onto, I put 3 songs on to mine and it took an hour and a half (It said on the box usb 2.0 BUT it dosen't run as if it was) 2. people are all ways saying how the screens are so awsome and reliable, which is completely False. The screen's scratch so easily, you can put in in your pocket (with nothing else in your pocket) and you will pull out the Ipod with scratches all over the ugly stupid screen. And if you want a MP3 for songs and not to show off that you have over 42 hours of songs... get a cheap 128 mb one, don't spend 200 dollars on a 1 gig POS. Finnaly you could go out and get a PSP if you want somthing that has 2 gigs, a good screen, and plays games.Killer008r speaking

I would recommend getting an iRiver 20GB MP3 player, they have 40GB and 60GB but I don't see myself ever using up 20GB even, my collection is only 10GB and thats 5 years of collecting. The iRiver has a FM radio in it too and you can record music from the radio with it, and it has a voice recorder, it also displays JPEG images on its 260k color screen and has a 16 hour rechargable battery life. I have been thinking about buying one myself so here is the link to BestBuy's description of it.

iRiver 20GB MP3 Player - Remix Blue

--------------------
Sm0k3y Mcl3uD

Ipods are by far the best ! They have a great sound quality, the smaller models, well... they are really small... and the only problems with them is that you might lose it just like you will lose a slighty bigger pack of gum or a cigar lighter ! The bigger models... well... they have a BIG capacity !I don't know if the 20Gb is worth it because before you will listen to all of the mp3's you will probably break it, or grow white hair or get arrested or... well.. you got the point ! The have a great audio quality, the materials are excellent, and a great capacity ! Just like anything else made by Apple... JUST GREAT !