xisto Community
nighthawk16

Views On Blizzard game programmers

I want to see what peoples views are on how Blizzard creates and advertises their games.I personally own almost every blizzard game made so far. Every one of them is a great game for the time it came out and a couple of them are still just as good 5-6 years later. Im talking about Starcraft and Diablo 2. Sure there are better games but the implementation of map creating abilities is what makes or breaks some of the new Strategy games, like starcraft. It's user friendly map creating database lets people create their own unique maps and than go online and play it with users around the world. This is what draws me to starcraft adding some 'spunk' to the game. Diablo 2 is a great interacting game and they have a very well made way of seperating cheaters from true blue gamers. It's open and closed servers help to seperate and also while playing Diablo online it allows you to distinguish who cheat and who dont.Now the downside of Blizzard Developement. Three years ago (correct me if i am wrong), a game was being advertised to come out later that year. What was that game? WoW, which came out 1 year ago. Also there have been advertisements for Starcraft Ghost, a first person shooter game for ps2. Starcraft Ghost has yet to be released because it hasnt met Blizzard Standards yet. Now im not saying blizzard is totally bad because they are right to delay the release..Blizzard has yet to make a bad game and I dont want to see that..I just want them to stop getting ones hopes up.

If I too remember correctly Diablo II was in the same catagory as not being released until it met Blizzard quality standards. Diablo II was slated to be released much earlier but was delayed for a long time. I was one of the first in line for that game and still have the first day collectors case to prove it. It was and still is an awesome game. The game play was great but I did notice that Blizzard did bite a big one on graphics. Perhaps it had cutting edge graphics when the planned release date came and went, but at the actual release the graphics were far below what I expected. This does not mark a game down very much in my book as graphics are only secondary to gameplay.On another topic has anyone played Starcraft on Battle.net lately? My friend and I fired it up not too long ago and got on battle.net. OMG I couldn't believe how many people were still playing Starcraft. At the time is was something like a quarter of a million users. Now that is a game that has an incrediable shelf life!

While I must admit most Bliz games have a awsome shelf life do to good depth of gameplay, great storylines, and greater then average replayablility their almost constant in ablility to release their games on their own set timelines will be their own downfall in my opinion. With newer game developers like NCSoft rolling out their own gameing networks to support their own games, just like bliz did years ago, and meeting their own release dates with games that are quickly updated and the players are truely encouraged to participate in the games development and evolution on multiple levels I think blizzard will have to step up or bow and fade into the fog of history.

Yeah.... I remember all these nights playing StarCraft and Diablo II... well, I'm currently playing World of Warcraft, and I got to admit that I'm really amazed on how the maps are big... Blizzard really did something big... but, not all peoples has been going everywhere in these maps!As for SC Ghost... I don't know why but... it's been a long time they have said they we're going to release it... and, they dind't yet! It's been at least 3-4 years that they announced SC Ghost...

I have Blizzard's Diablo 2, World of Warcraft, and yes, the good ol' Warcraft 3(Frozen Throne) Right now i still don't see a difference from these games and other newer ones that just came out a few months ago. Although Blizzard basically ALWAYS delay their release date, the wait really pays off what with all that great graphics and fantastic storyline and maps. It's just unbeatable. Guild Wars has really came close to beating WoW because of its HUGE map. But WoW has a really big map too and has more stuff to it than just fighting and killing. Blizzard has created such wonderful games. I leave them on my games rack when i buy new games but when the new game starts getting boring i can always count on playing DOTA or just a skirmish one-player game with the computer with Warcraft. The Strategy in the game is just - blizzardly perfect.

I guess I can say I'm a big Blizzard fan. I have Starcraft, Diablo, Diablo 2, Warcraft 1-3, and some old collection for GBA. I loved played Starcraft with my friends, those were my high school days, miss them. Then we went to Diablo and Counter strike. We usually played CS more, but I continued to keep playing Diablo 2. I gotta say, their games are very very good. I hope they continue to release games for Starcraft and Diablo because I can certainly live on those games. Hopefully we all can enjoy more of Blizzard in the future :D

I think Blizzard Entertainment is my favorite game publisher of all time. The quality of their games is exceptional, not to mention highly addictive. Right now I'm stuck on World of Warcraft - that game is slowly depleting my savings month by month. ;) If you have the $ and like MMORPG's, then I highly recommend giving WoW a try. You shouldn't be dissapointed.

Blizzard did produce quality games and I own all of them. However they did screw the pooch on the WoW release (yes, I still play it as well). It just doesnt seem like the company is geared to work on a large scale projects with any sense of urgency. I will bet that some of the newer MMORPGs that are still in the works will have their first expansion packs earlier than WoW players see theirs.All big gaming behemoths rise and fall, and I have no doubt so will the mighty Blizzard. Anyone remember Origin? One time they were THE gaming company as well. How about SSI? All it takes for Vivendi to decide to shift Blizzard full-time onto WoW, instead of any other projects (and it seems they are slowly doing that), and Blizzard will only last untill the next trend-shift.

The thing with SC:G is that their old developer quit about 80% of the way through, and they had to spend time finding a new developer (which they have) and finish developing. I don't really see how it'll still manage to be competitive in the world of next-gen consoles, but Blizzard may surprise us. :/

Yes, blizzard has been known to make awesome games. Each one seems to get better and better. I mean take diablo 2, it still is selling like crazy. Gameplay is awesome and the entire concept of the game rocks. Blizzard is great, they always know what the people want and they always seem to delivier. I cannot wait to see what they have in store for the future.

I use to love warcraft 2. Then I played starcraft and it absolutely blew me away. I don't even think warcraft 3 stands up to it. Diablo was always a game that I could go back to anytime, as well as diablo 2. It seems that blizzard has had some time trying to get their company together. Then blizzard north came around. Blizzard split or something didn't they? I can see where it takes awhile to develop a game. They do however get our hopes up. I was playing a game here while back, and it said starcraft:ghost would be released either early this year or late last year. Lol, I can wait though. Their release dates are always off it seems, but it does live up to the hype usually. Hope they can keep it up.

OMG I Love blizzard games! Me and my friend are obsessed with starcraft! I can't get enough of it. It's so addicting. Blizzard has done a really good job, but I'm upset that they haven't gone bigger and released more games. Maybe they are all about quality instead of quantity? I think so atleast. Does anyone know if they are releasing any new games in the next few yers?

I have played quite a few of the Blizzard games and I am impressed with the shelf life of StarCraft, which I did not enjoy all that much. I liked Diablo II and really like the World of Warcraft.I think that Blizzard is one of my top 2 gaming companies, because with the exception World of Warcraft, the games that the make are all pretty good and quite a lot of people like them. I think that is why thier games have such a long shelf-life.

AppriciationViews On Blizzard

Well… I impose your website forward dimension and initiate this parcel real multipurpose and engrossing! Well… you guys doing discriminating production and I fitting need to say that reserve rocking and rest it up!Adam

What does everyone else thing of the site mymmoshop? A lot of people are saying it is the #1 one site in world in terms of where to buy wow gold.  My experience with them has been great so far.  Peace out man. 

Buy WoW Gold

-reply by Adam