xisto Community
specter

Favorite Graphics Program? What program do you guys use for graphic

Just for the record, I did not claim that GIMP outperformed Photoshop. Photoshop is still the industry leader and standard for image manipulation. I use GIMP because it is free and relatively similar to Photoshop. On the other hand, if I could afford Photoshop, I would jump ship without a second thought or any regrets.I personally do not like GIMP's scattered user interface, but it is what it is.

Yeah definitely if cash is a big issue, it's not worth spending it on the latest version of photoshop. Go for either a free alternative, or buy a previous version secondhand from somewhere. I wouldn't advise getting version 6 or earlier, but 7 or 8 (CS) contain nearly all that CS2 has, of course missing all the latest addons, but still the powerhouse is there, and you're able to do most things with it. Plus if you've never used CS2, you won't notice a thing missing, and you're spending a fraction of the cost.

Well...my favorite graphics program is photoshop, but it's price is scary, and it takes some time to control.I would say that The GIMP is easier to learn, and a lot more cheaper than photoshop. But still, photoshop seems more professional to me.

I used photoshop a lot before but when i tried to switch to GIMP itgives me an headache maybe because the control and features arenot almost alike to photoshop but I think I have to deal with thisproblem because I dont have a license for photoshop :ph34r:

My favorite will and probably always will be Photoshop. I also used CorelDraw, but if using something professional oriented, it would be Photoshop. I started out years ago on Paint because that was all I had available. But as I went through college and it was available to me... things changed drastically. Along side the grahics portion, if I was to recreate sketches and drawing, or just needed something for vector imaging, I use Adobe Illustrator. It has been a while since I have used it, though.I think it depends on what media I am using... for web design, I would use Photoshop. For Graphic Design and Advertising, I used Illustrator along side of it.For non PC design I used to play MarioPaint on SNES... so it really does depend on the media. So I will use what I can get my hands on, and if it is not a pencil.

my favourite graphics program is without a doubt paint.net.i have photoshop but i actually hate it, i dont no why but i dont see what the big fuss about it is.paint.net is way better in my opinion, and its free!

What is the graphics program you guys use the most? I use the Gimp, it's not only just as good (if not better in some ways) as photoshop but it's free.

I love photoshop CS 3 and imageready, makes it verry easy to create templates and buttons ^_^, And you dont need to sit for 100hours creating table's for images ;).. So go PS from me ;)

- Djkdra =D

Photoshop is by no doubt better then GIMP in almost every aspect ^_^Photoshop is also MUCH more powerful and is worth every penny.You can do anything with it. You can make fantastic Dynamic Signatures,You can do that will GIMP too, but its not the same.Also Adobe released VERY common updates <--- (Sometimes get annoying because too many in such a short time!)Overall I just would go with Photoshop anyway.Photoshop 4 is in most new PC's or any other version now.

I haven't Adobe Photoshop CS3 for a while, since I usually use Adobe Illustrator CS3 for my design work e.g. web design. I tend to like to design in a vector environment rather than a bitmap editor. I do have Adobe Fireworks CS3, which I rarely use unless I am trying out some new Fireworks tutorials.

Edited by Atomic0 (see edit history)