xisto Community
specter

Favorite Graphics Program? What program do you guys use for graphic

I have used Paint Shop Pro and Adobe Photoshop.I use photoshop in school in my digital photography class, and i use Paint Shop Pro at home. They are bother splended programs, and you can make really nice graphics with them. I think that they are really similar and have a lot of the same features. Photoshop has a few more though. However I think Paint Shop is easier though. The downside to both of them is that they are pretty expensive. I got Paint Shop as a gift though, and using photoshop is free at school. If you plan on buying one I would download the free trial of Paint Shop Pro at the jasc website first. If you dont like it then dont buy it and go with Photoshop.

Fireworks MX 2004. Fireworks 8 is just the same, but mith little changes. Nothing that has any great effect on me.I have Photoshop tryout, but I can't get to grips with it.I may try GIMP again, but the last time failed with the GTK failing.

I my opinion PHOTOSHOP is the best or most popular because you can find maximum online support for it. No other graphics software has as many online tutorial as PHOTOSHOP. Thus as we all are just a newbie to this graphics world, it makes working on PHOTOSHOP easier. At professional level i do not think that iy makes any difference be it GIMP, PHOTOSHOP or just MS PAINT.There are many other softwares like PAINT SHOP PRO and ULEAD PHOTO IMPACT which are quite popular like PHOTOSHOP and provides enough online support.Lets see what others say about this :)SPEEDY

For me, my favorite graphics program is adobe photoshop 7.0. Before I usedc to use adobe photoshop elements 2.0 but then I upgraded and I'm lovin' it! But for my animations I like to use adobe imageready 7.0 which is a really good program as well. :)

I've never actually tried GIMP, but I did find a copy of photoshop cs online and thus I use it. It's a lot more effective than paint or the other graphics programs I've used and I like it. I used to use Paint, and my dad bought Microsoft Digital Image studio which was okay. But when I finally got into graphics design I of course scoured the web and got my photoshop cs.

Im gonna try GIMP later, I thinkUnless I decide to just get a version of Photoshop insteadWhichever one seems easier to me...Either way, I'll let you know how it goes

I use Photoshop CS for layouts, ImageReady for animations and such.And Dreamweaver MX 2004 for webpages. smile.gif

That combo pwns. smile.gif

Yea, same here :) . I can't say I have tried GIMP before. The only time I considered to use it was when I was htinking of switching to linux. But, I decided against that, and here I am. ;) . I love photoshop persoanlly. It is easy to use and expariment with. Though, like most people had said earlier-- the proce tag is a bit high, but it is worth it in my mind.

If you plan on start gfx, in my opinion...get photoshop. There is no comparison in my book. Although like I said, I have not tried GIMP, and can only go off of what I have been told about it.

What is the graphics program you guys use the most? I use the Gimp, it's not only just as good (if not better in some ways) as photoshop but it's free.

1064319697[/snapback]

I use paint shop pro ive used it for 5 years now :)

--> Photoshop CS.--> Illustrator, Corel--> 3d Studio Max 7--> Maxon Cinema 4D--> Corel Bryce 5.0That is my primary choice. Oh, and when I doo newspaper layouts and such stuff, I use Indesign or QuarkXPress :)

Having read everyone elses comments I have to say I was rather relieved to find that atleast a few people use Paint Shop Pro. I spent ages learning how to use Paint Shop Pro back when it was PSP7, I was just making avatars and email signatures on an msn community with some other artists. I'm not entirely sure if you can call avatars and email signatures art though...Even now that Paint Shop Pro has progressed so much further since the PSP7 release it's still the version I favour. I have a large collection of filters, picture tubes and masks that help me do pretty much anything I want with the software.I'm not entirely sure what will happen to Paint Shop Pro now that Corel have taken over from Jasc software but hopefully it will continue to advance.As for photoshop? Well I'll be honest, I have photoshop 7 and I've never really taken the time to get to know how to use it....whether it's any better than Paint Shop Pro or not I do not know, and as for GIMP, I've never heard of it, I will have to take a look at it sometime. I hope you lot will tell me if I'm actually missing out on something here.....I'm always open to change, I'm comfortable with PSP but I wouldn't have much of an idea what other programs have to offer.Any information would be greatly appreciated

For basic photo editing (which is, uh, about all that I can do with any graphics program), I like PSP, preferably version 7. It's easy to use, fairly inexpensive (although I haven't bought a copy of my own - still use school computers when I want to do stuff with photos or whatnot), and can do pretty much anything I want.But if I'm just messing around, doing really simple stuff like creating desktop wallpaper (I like quotes from famous writers - solid background color and plain text), I use MS Paint. That's probably the only thing that program's good for, now that I think about it. Hehe.

I use Photoshop mostly, but my favorites remains, actually 2 favorite programs: - maxon cinema 4d- propellerheads reason 2.5and this last one is such a good software... anyway. that's it..for the list of my favorites..