xisto Community
darkranger

Hot: A Windows Desktop Made Entirely In CSS

Wow, this is really very cool and demostrates the power of the mix of HTML, CSS and Javascript, i just try it with IE 6 and it shows an alert window because, Internet Explorer, doesn't understand these basic concepts correctly and does not render PNGs correctly. So, i open it with Firefox and works and looks very fine, but i think it has an error, because the default background image shows incomplete.Best regards,

Yeah, the backgruond image shows incomplete for me too! But anyways, this is a really brilliant thing, even though it serves no useful purpose. :unsure: I just wish all the sites would start to conform to CSS now, so I can finally dump IE! BTW, I downloaded IE7 beta, and I noticed that it now displays a perviously IE-only site the same as in Firefox. That must mean that their spec-conforming just got (a bit) better!

All I can say is...'wow'! I had absolutely no idea CSS could do something like that. :unsure: Thanks for that link I'll have to study it some and try and figure out how it was done. :D

I'm just starting on CSS, and I made a website with it that im gonna upload. But THIS is AMAZING!!! I never knew you could do soooooo much with CSS! This may give me some code to learn with. :unsure: ~souradipm :D PS - The background image is half done even in FireFox.