xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jedipi

Ms Antispyware Detects Messenger Plus As Spyware

Microsoft AntiSpyware detects the Messenger Plus exe as Spyware.
I think the reason is Messenger Plus! may install some sponsor
software to your system. Microsoft is doing the right thing.
If they want people to use Microsoft Messenger Plus,
simple, just remove the spyware.

althogh I have never missed the "sponsor program" installation screen
when I've run the installer, most people just keep clicking next buttom
when they are installing software.

Anyway, Messenger Plus! is asking Microsoft to stop detecting and
collecting users signature. To show your support, click the following link.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Messenger Plus came with a spyware, but is only a little program to help them continious in the search of new proyects, and also you can choose if you want to install the spyware programs or not, is just a simple bar of the Internet Explorer;I think that Microsoft can't do better programs, and when people bring something better.. only Microsoft want to distroy it them.. Microsoft is garbage,, is a monopoly, why don't try free software... is much better and you don't have to worried about lisenses and other things.. Messenger Plus is the best addon for the messenger free and complete 100% free of spyware, there are so much programs, and Microsoft sucks

oh well, had seen that news last week on one of the sites, thankx for posting it here. Its kind of sad to see Microsoft bring MsgPlus down this way. The creator of Plus seems to have a close tie with a few officials of MSN dev team and frankly they help him out too at times at new features. But doing something like this, knowing that this is one of the most populate and free and most downloaded MSN Messenger add-on on the internet is kind of a stab in the back.Hopefully M$ would realise their mistakeand take the necessary steps, and just jope that they dont come up with an excuse saying that it was a glitch :D . Well so far even i have submitted the petition, and i would tell every MSN user / non user to do it, because if M$ can do this to a non-M$ freeware like this, then it can do it to any other popular freeware software around.Cheerz

So basically you think M$ should let their anti-spyware program NOT detect spyware that is what they deem "good"? I'd rather it just kill it all, thanks haha. I mean if they care that much just take the spyware out of their software... I will openly admit I may be biased somewhat because I do not use msgplus! but I did at some point, and frankly knowing it had spyware embedded was one of the reasons I rid myself of it (among other things)

Err .. installing the adware is a option now, so if u dont want it you dunt have to install it. I guess the whole point of adding an adware to the program is to get funded. If you dunt have the green, you cant possibly make a software this popular. Patchou ( the creator ) has affiliates and many being his friends and over years of internet friendlies around him, they come forward to help him. The MsgPlus site, The software Itself, Add-ons etc .. without a strong basis of the software being popular, i dont think anyone would help him out. MsgPlus is there since almost 3 years now and its growing by the day. I use Plus myself and thats the first thing i install after i format my system.If M$ wants to make its software better they rather do it the right way and not lable the software that has helped MSN messenger grow to what it is today. If they got a start and got better, its because of small add-ons like these. And now they want to remove them just cause they have enough inputs to go further ? I dont think M$ is right on their part. Even if the software had a sypware or adware install, its an " OPTION " .. depends if you want to use it or you dont. Y should M$ be bothered ? Rather they should keep somthing that just warns the users and not show a big red box telling its a high threat.

They better shape up now. It's been taking the heat for ignoring some of the other spyware programs that all security analysts remove. Users run a scan on their computer and certain spyware (forgot which ones exactly) are set to Ignore only. The novice user might not know what to do here, so that's definitely a bad move on Microsoft's part. It's a partner$hip with these companies. Because of this, I now don't ask users to download Microsoft AntiSpyware and run a scan on their computers. It's not as reliable now.I didn't know the authors of that darn Messenger Plus program were working with Microsoft. I always thought they were two separate beasts. I have started to ask users NOT to use Messenger Plus. It's scumware. You can't believe how many users I run into who don't know what the "sponsor" program is for and installs it anyway. That's no sponsor program, trust me. It's the LOP spyware program. With programs that bundle this junk into them (even if they have an option not to install it), I advise ALL users to remove their product.

I really never got into msnmessager cant stand it thats one of the first Items I removed from this system. Tryed them all but they all were deleted. Only one I still have is ICQ and that one I keep for I love the download file system it has in it. When I go out of town I send files home by the way of ICQ and programs I find. My son knows where to save them so when I get back I can get at them easy. But I hate all the spammers out there now must get 10 or more aday on ICQ such as see my *BLEEP*.com and what ever.dotcom

Free software are often bundled with spyware and adaware. That's how they make their money. Remember, there's no free lunch on Earth. Even the best software out there has to find a way of making money if it's distributed freely. It's your choice whether you want to use free software and install the adwares as well.

Very true they need to place add projecters or grabers into their sofeware to make money. But out right spamming like at icq or with other messagers or email is in bad taste. Awile back i was getting adds from several companys some namebrand I complaned to them and they didnt even know that they were being addvertised in that maner i even sent them screen shots of their add and were they pissed or at least they implied they were. Yet not to long ago the Justice Department I belive had filed charges against the king of spam for creating most of the spam and pop ups just to sell his own software to block it so get rid of the pop blocker makers and most of the pop ups and adds will go away.

He ads history is a strange history. It starts becoming like the virus history. A lot of companies have been suspected to create a lot of virus attacks in order to sell their own virus removal tools.