xisto Community
ThinkWithABossMind

Photoshop Tutorial: Make The Matrix Letters

I took it upon myself to make visual instructions, its alot easier to understand.

ok start out with a clean WHITE background

you foreground color should be black.

and background color should be a dark green

(I use #14B908, but u can use any NEON GREEN looking color, you want something bright)

Posted Image

go to FILTER>Texture>GRAIN

make sure grain type is VERTICAL

intensity=100

contrast=48

Posted Image

next step we go to FILTER>artistic>NEON GLOW

the GLOW COLOR should be something darker (I use #185403)

glow size= -11

glow brightness=34

Posted Image

hit OK and

SUPRISE...the matrix reveals its secrets before your very monitor :D

then you just throw in some flashy letters a picture of Neo or something...and there you go.

Posted Image

remember kids...when in doubt

THINK WITH A BOSS MIND

lol

Great Tutorial man, the back ground looks real MATRIX.

Here are my results

Posted Image

Using a portrait gives a makes it more attractive (like in your case).

I give the tutorial 8.5/10

Thanks for sharing man

Speedy

Boy ... looks like speedy is devouring every photoshop tutorial he can find :)."Think with a boss mind" ... hmmm... let me meditate for a while on that :). Great tutorial man, keep 'em coming :).

Actually, the matrix numbers aren't numbers either. From what I can tell, they are Japanese characters with some of them misoriented and whatnot.

The is a slight posibility that chinese characters were used but to the best of my recolection, Japanese katakana was used. There may have been a few hirogana characters used as well. Additionally, the writting moved in an up and down motion further suggesting an asian language.

I might be able to guide someone through the process of using Japanese fonts on their windows systems if they are interested.

Posted Image

Hope this helps. :)

vujsa

Actually, the matrix numbers aren't numbers either. From what I can tell, they are Japanese characters with some of them misoriented and whatnot.
The is a slight posibility that chinese characters were used but to the best of my recolection, Japanese katakana was used. There may have been a few hirogana characters used as well. Additionally, the writting moved in an up and down motion further suggesting an asian language.

I might be able to guide someone through the process of using Japanese fonts on their windows systems if they are interested.

Well, I just got a related PM about this post so I thought I should update the topic. I did write a tutorial on the installation of East Asian Fonts on your Windows System.

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/87355-topic/?findpost=1064328218

In order to use Japanese in PhotoShop, open a new text layer in PS and then follow the instructions in the following tutorial.

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/90469-topic/?findpost=1064349941

Hope this helps. :(

vujsa

lol. i created this effect before, and i was too lazy to get japanese fonts. =PSo instead, i went into notepad, opened a picture file (i used .jpg). There will be a huge chunk of weird words. Just extract a part of them and paste it and rearrange the fonts so that they are vertical. Doesn't exactly look like the matrix's words, but hey, improvisation is fine. :ph34r: