xisto Community
GameUltra

Trojan Problem Need free trial for good removal tool

What I have seen is alot of people confuse virus and other items as hijackers and those pesty adds that show up on ones computer. I run adaware 6.0 / no adware / and ad ware 3.0 / also EZ firewall. Once you block the adds from poping up you can run the traces from the other programs I mentioned to clean your drives. I also run a virus checker but it allways show the same nothing detected. Only thing that annoys me now is I have to turn off my pop up blocker at so many sites just to move around them. When it be so easy to just insert a line code into the page where the new page is replacing the page you were on not creating a new page as they do now. I belive I can ajust settings in my computer to display the new page on the origial page but I'm Not sure.

I would also suggest Mc Afee freescan

Freescan is online, immediate, and will give you the name and location of the infected file, and the virus name. You should also download their trial version, which will protect you during one month.

If you say its a trojan but you don't know its name, you'd probably be at best scanning with your anti-virus software. Whether is it Norton or McAfee, you need to know what is going on with your computer. Check the logs of incoming files downloaded, you may not even know you downloaded the trojan yourself. Norton has a tool which allows you to disallow internet access from a specific file or program. It's pretty useful because i set mine to always ask me if it can allow a file from my computer in or out. In any case, its a good idea to do a full scan with a spyware removal tool also because your normal anti-virus package may not have come with a full list of spyware definitions.

@technocian, your signature image "http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/;'>http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/; is not readable with my Internet Explorer, maybe you should check that.

Notice from Klass:
Hi, I decided to post off topic and Klass gave me this Note. Next time I want to post something for just one person I will PM them. Hope I do not go Off Topic like this again or I will get Warned.