xisto Community
soleimanian

How To Remove Internet Options Features

How to remove Internet (IE) Options featuresClick Start > Click Run > and type “regedit” (without quote) and then click OK.Find and go to following key:HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Internet ExplorerUnder Internet Explorer key create a new key and name it “Control Panel”.To remove features, create any of the following strings under Control Panel key.AdvancedTab = Advanced tabConnectionsTab = Connections tabContentTab = Content tabGeneralTab = General tabProgramsTab = Programs tabSecurityTab = Security tabAnd give value of 1To restore Internet Options features, delete strings

It's a commonly used trick in public libraries and some internet cafe's to prevent people from exploiting the payment-systems and use the internet for free. Also, it's very nice sometimes to prevent not-so-adept-users from fiddling with the settings and screw the settings/program/computer up.You are right though, on normal home/desktop computers it's not really usefull and quite a hindrance too.Although usually it is still easily avoided (if I remember correctly I once wrote a tutorial for that :D )

If you don’t want to remove IE Options tabs, you can remove below features separablyConnection Settings = Change Connection TypeHistory = History settingsHomePage = Home Page settingsCache = Cache settingsProfiles = Profiles settingsProxy = Proxy settingsSecAddSites = Security Add sites settingsSecChangeSettings = Security changesFormSuggest = Forms suggest setting FormSuggest Passwords = Passwords suggest setting Settings = Settings boxesConnwiz Admin Lock = Connection Wizard administrative lockoutAdvanced = Advanced settingsNote: it is recommended that create a restore point before any changes in your Registry :D:D

can you tell me how to get java back into the internet options advanced tabHow To Remove Internet Options Features

my os is windows home premium windows vista. the problem started when I updated java to 6u13. It said it downloaded successfully. I use aol as an internet provider. The java worked fine before. I contacted hp because the comp was not quite a year old. It was decided to restore comp to new and start all over. We did that and then updated windows. Then we were told to redownload java. We did that and it still did not work. Then uninstalled the 6u13 and installed 6u12 to see it would work it didn;t. Then went to control panel to internet options advanced tab to check the java and it wasn't there. Went to tools on ie and tried to go to the java console and it wouldn't go to it. Called hp back spent 7 hours with tech support. They told me to go to start and type in java , it came up no items found. went to the control panel and the java icon was there checked it and it said I had 6u13 and it was enabled and 6.1 standard edition also enabled. Went to add and remove programs and they were also there, but I could not find the java in the internet options advanced tab to enable it. Hp took me to the security tab and had me enable some things said to uninstall java and redownload it again. I did that and it said it downloaded successfully. Went back to check and see if it was running correctly and it said it was. When you try to use the java like pogo it will not open. hp helped me this far and then told me if I wanted any more help I would have to purchase another warrenty because it ran out 2 days ago. We had been working on this problem for over 2 weeks. They also stated that the java console did not come with the comp but it did because when we redid the comp it was on there  and in the programs. I know this is long but I was trying to give as much info as possable. If I am not at the right place could you please direct me to someone who can help? java.Com will not help because it is a free version. One last thing I know that java was in the internet options and in the java console because java.Com told me to go there to troubleshoot after hp told me to do things it disappeared. Also shouldn't the registry be cleaned out from those times I uninstalled and reinstalled those java's. I would appreciate some help this is so frustrateing. If you can't help me could you please direct me to someone I can explain everything I've done so far and type it in. Thank you for your time. Hope to here from you.

Does this still apply now?How To Remove Internet Options Features

Does this trick still apply with Internet Explorer 7 and 8, and in Windows Vista or Windows 7?  I'm trying to find information on how to restore the tabs in IE's Internet Options, and want to make sure that this would still work in the latest versions.

Also, is it safe to assume that if malware hid these tabs, you could safely delete the entire Internet ExplorerControl panel key?

Have a great weekend:)

patrick.

annoying sound How To Remove Internet Options Features

I downloaded IE8 to my xp pro with sp3 and an annoying sound alert chimes when an internet connection has been detected.  I have turned off all other sounds with the control panel but this one persists. ?

-reply by Neal A. Hansen

ThanksHow To Remove Internet Options Features

This helped me change my home page back since the IT monster came and locked everything down.  Now all I need to know is how to enable "Add/Remove Programs" under the start menu "Contol Panel".

Thanks

Reg enabling connections option.How To Remove Internet Options Features

Hi,

In tools - internet options tab, the connections tab is not visible. It was visible previously. What needs to be done to restore that?? Thanks in Advance.

-question by meena

How to remove saved proxy password of internet explorer8 of windows 7How To Remove Internet Options Features

Replying to soleimanianI am using windows7 operating system and browsing with IE8. When I connected to my local proxy server I have saved the user name and password. Now I want to change to another account. But the saved password I am not able to change ( It is automaticaly connecting to old account). How can I remove that.Could you please help meRegards,Joseph

-reply by Joseph