xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rodneylay

What Happened To My Hosting Credits?

I logged in earlier today and had just over 30 hosting credits, then a few hours later the credits dropped to 13. I need to know what the problem is if I am going to post on this site and make this work. I spend a fiar amount of time reading post and responding and putting up posts that I think will be valuable to the users of this site. When credits are taken away for wahtever reason, at least send a message explaining the reason so we can know how to play the game.Not too happy right now,Rodney Lay

Same things seems to be happening to me. I should have about 1 credit left today, but I just logged in and I had almost -5. Then I posted somthing that should have gotten me 2 or 3 credits at most, and im back up to like 3. Is there some kind of glitch?

Same things seems to be happening to me.  I should have about 1 credit left today, but I just logged in and I had almost -5.  Then I posted somthing that should have gotten me 2 or 3 credits at most, and im back up to like 3.  Is there some kind of glitch?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I need to know what the deal is, because free hosting or not I want the system to be fair and consistent. Hosting is pretty cheap these days and if I am going to spend my time giving out good information nd replying to other peoples questions about things, my time is mostly worth more than simply paying for one of the wide array of 5-10 dollar a month hosting packages out there. When I found this site I thought it was a great thing, and still do, but not if the creadits go away for no reason, or if there is a reason you are not made aware of it.

Don't cheat me, because my time is worth more than my money!

Rodney Lay

Maybe your posts were reviewed by an admin and were clasified as spam after you already got the credits rewarded for them. And if this is the case then yes they would take your credits away even if you were already rewarded.But this is just a speculation I wouldn`t realy know what the matter would be,have you tried PMing an admin about this?If not I suggest oyu do and oh yeah IF you were spamming don`t even bother PMing an admin cause beleive me you WON`T get oyur credits back anyway.If this in some kind of way is an admin mistake then you will get your credits back as soon as the admins realize this,so just PM them and ask them (one of them) about your problem.Hope this helps in a way ,....El

I can see you spamming RIGHT HERE! I can delete your post and this will cause you to lose another Few credits. Do you understand now, how you lose credits ?THIS SAME TOPIC HAS BEEN POSTED TWICE!

Maybe your posts were reviewed by an admin and were clasified as spam after you already got the credits rewarded for them. And if this is the case then yes they would take your credits away even if you were already rewarded.

But this is just a speculation I wouldn`t realy know what the matter would be,have you tried PMing an admin about this?If not I suggest oyu do and oh yeah IF you were spamming don`t even bother PMing an admin cause beleive me you WON`T get oyur credits back anyway.If this in some kind of way is an admin mistake then you will get your credits back as soon as the admins realize this,so just PM them and ask them (one of them) about your problem.Hope this helps in a way ,....

El

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess you should delete this post then and take away the credits since you seem to have an arbitrary and undefined system on what good posts are. This category, I discovered after trying to find out why I lost credits was not the best place to express my concern. That is why I posted in the other category. Spamming would be using this site to either promote myself, or taking other peoples posts and claiming that they are my own, and that is according to your rules.

If this is the way you run the site, then so be it and you have lost a potential paying customer. Like I said, there are a lot of hosting companies out there that don't charge a lot of money besides Xisto. I am just looking for a good hosting experience and I thought I had found a unique place to do so. It does not seem to be such a good deal now. Too bad, I could have enjoyed spending time here discussing computer and software issues with other people, but instead I have to argue about why I am being cheated out of creadits. What a joke!!!!!!!!!!!

Rodney Lay

The undefined system you speak of, Rodney, are human beings, sitting here daily, reading posts, correcting errors, trying to solve problems, weed out the spam (aka useless posts, double posts, copied posts).... What you fail to see, is that this company, solely relies on voluntary helpers, moderators and admins. THe ads on the site don't even cover the cost of maintaining a server to host sites on.TOPIC CLOSED