xisto Community
jedipi

Map An Ftp Server As A Drive

does ftp drive get mapped as a logical or network drive?Map An Ftp Server As A DriveReplying to jedipiMy question is this... When you map the drive locally on your computer, does it map it as a logical (mapped as though it was another physical drive) or as a network drive mapped to say a location on a local network. Then reason I ask is because I came across the is situation and once I mapped a drive running the downloaded .Exe and a .Bat files the workstation resources came to a grinding halt as I believe the system was looking for this drive as another internal drive. Anyone seen this issue before?-reply by mark

easy ftp access through a dual window file managerMap An Ftp Server As A Drive

I used to use unix links (#ln) to link to ftp sites, which got me going on this thread today, mainly because I want to make a folder in windows similiar to the my documents folder which shows up everywhere in explorer. It's interesting reading with sources included near the end.http://www.pwjournal.com/article.php?id=284Asforlinking to ftp/web sites try the Total commander file manager. You can "cd foobar.Com site then drag a folder in the ftp site, displayed in the filemanager window to a configurable button bar above. If you want the root directory of the ftp site you can right click on the button bar icon you just made and edit the link. Then to access the ftp site you just click once on that button you just created. It's pretty cool.Keep the Faith :)

-reply by ir0ck

tool designed for mapping a drive letter in windows to an ftp.Map An Ftp Server As A Drive

I remember this ftp product called Internet Neighborhood Pro that worked great.  mapped a drive letter and let me do everything like normal and it did the background ftp transfers transparently.

now I use linux and there are no drive letters so it's even easier.

-reply by anonymous