xisto Community
cyborgxxi

Is Anyone Familiar With Phoenix-Award BIOS

*cough* GraphicsCard *cough* lolwell .. i see u have my post on ur screen .. cool .. i must say my posts look sweet when seen tru others screens .. mine is a sad old samsung samtron 15" arrgg .. soooooo .. all that overclocking was for ur BF2 game eh ? .. ok well i have sumthing for u .. but i cant get the name quick enuf .. its a graphics card emulator software .. uses pree installed graphic card ids or u can give it one .. and run the game to think its that hardware .. i'll keep an open eye for u .. and will let u know when i get that software .. But till then i suggest u take charge of cooling ur CPU / Graphicscard ..

You guys have to be really happy for me. I got a new computer case today!! The best thing is that they put in the power supply and three fans for me. I got it for 1890 baht, which is equivalent to approximately $47.25. Not a bad price.

I will have to post a story and pictures later because it took me three hours to take out the motherboard/parts, clean them, and put them back in the new computer case. Man, it was hard work!! Also, it was my first time so I feel proud of myself :P

Well, my computer is VERY cooled... three fans instead of two. Well, make that four. A fan on the side, power supply fan, back side fan, CPU fan. Uhhh, yeah.

As I said before, look for my next post >_< It's probably gonna be tomorrow. I need to play some Battlefield 2 - I had 3 hours of looking around for hardware information at an IT mall.

soooooo .. all that overclocking was for ur BF2 game eh ? .. ok well i have sumthing for u .. but i cant get the name quick enuf .. its a graphics card emulator software .. uses pree installed graphic card ids or u can give it one .. and run the game to think its that hardware .. i'll keep an open eye for u .. and will let u know when i get that software ..

Thanks, dhanesh. It will be very appreciated :D Just let me know when you get that software! *chuckle*

Edit: By the way, when I turned on my computer after I changed cases, there was a CPU error while boot up. It went something like this:

*Warning*

CPU error! CMOS checksum ... something

Please go to BIOS and change settings...

F1 Continue DEL Setup

I turned off my computer. I connected my router (which I forgot to do) and my speaker cords. I turned on my computer again and it went like this:

CPU Error! Loading default settings...

F1 Continue DEL Setup

Alright, so I pressed F1 and continued on. Now, something at Norton GoBack. It told me that the system clock was different than the one in the logs of GoBack. Hmm... weird. So I didn't care and told the logs to change to the way my computer clock was set up, meaning change the logs so it will be the same as my computer right now.

Right before I editted this post, I found that it was 12:29 AM. What? No! It's supposed to be 6:35 PM. I double-clicked on the system clock and it showed 1 January 2002. What in the world happened?

Maybe it's idea to back-up anything on your hard drive that's important to you, then format the hard drive, followed by installing the OS of your choice?Four years with one piece of hardware may be long, four years with one installation is extremely long.But lots of people don't want to reinstall and look for a harder (but less time consuming if they are lucky) solution.Like me :D If I had the Blue Screen Of Death only once a month, wow, that would be great!!!

If I had the Blue Screen Of Death only once a month, wow, that would be great!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I NEVER have the blue screen of death .. :P wana know my secret :D .. lol nothing much .. just a clean format every 2 weeks .. hey m not kiddin .. i actually do that .. i am a little paranoid on keeping things in order around .. so i use the same with my PC and i torture it every 2 weeks ..

and if u ask me how many times i formatted since 2 years .. err .. u do the math :P reduce umm 2 + 1 +1 = 4 mths and calculate .. :P

Besides cyborgxxi's problem was the BIOS update and his game wasent working .. over all i really dunt think its the OS givin problems but some piece of hardware .. in his case the CPU fan needs a lil check :D ..

Cheers ..

Hmmm.... alright. By the way, do you think games ever store information in the registry folders? I don't know how to back up such huge amounts of data. For example, my Star Wars Galaxies game is at least 1.5 gigabytes, plus another 1.5 for the Test Center version. I can reinstall Battlefield 2 again.Let's see... well, it seems that I have a lot of things to worry about.You know what, I think it's the CPU and the CPU heat sink/fan that are giving the problem. First, we know that the BIOS doesn't need to be upgraded... so what else?-Have been told that Pentium 4 CPUs hang when they cool down-So I shouldn't make it cool downAre there any options or settings that disable this 'cool down' feature? o_O

Hmmm.... alright. By the way, do you think games ever store information in the registry folders? I don't know how to back up such huge amounts of data.

-Have been told that Pentium 4 CPUs hang when they cool down

Are there any options or settings that disable this 'cool down' feature? o_O

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First off .. all ur game data is stored either in the game folder in Program Files .. or it can go to C:\document and settings\all users\application data\game name. :P .. games saving info into the registry .. umm i doubt that .. sumone here needs to confirm that for u .. but as far as i know .. most games store files in either of the 2 places ..

Second off .. Hanging when cpu cools down ? seems something new to me .. cause when the fan stops for me .. and the cpu starts burning like a fried toast .. the computer reacts slow and keeps on slowing down stuff .. till it comes to a point where it just shuts down .. I agin suggest u to get a new cpu fan .. to make a long term investment .. get a liquid cooling system :D atleast that would try to keep ur whole comp cool ..

My computer is on 24/7 for the past 1 year now and the one b4 that was on 24/7 for 3 years .. since i have dsl i fancy to keep the system on and running .. yes it does heat up like crazy .. but m shure 3-4 fans can take the cooling load .. :P

Cheers

the question was answered:

Not necessary to upgrade my BIOS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol ..

1) Not necessary to upgrade BIOS.

2) Graphics Card Info

3) Game Reg. Settings

umm did i forget anything ? .. yeap thats all .. all answered .. lol

Cheers ..

@cyborgxxiAbout you CPU error something error:This is probably because the CMOS data was cleared (maybe a bad battery) or something had changed the CPU settings that caused troubles on boot so it reset everthing. That's why your system clock was messed up, if the CMOS get cleared/reset, it will change time to 0:00 and date probably to when it was created.About the hanging of P4's, it could happen or seem like they hang, maybe I was a little bit wrong :P .And I wouldn't want to disable that feature, because I rather have a slow CPU then a dead CPU (don't forget, even today CPU's die because they run too hot).@dhanesh: you're sick man. Every 2 weeks ??? Do you have too much spare time and are you bored to death ??? Plz tell me you have some kind of unattended cd to install windows ??? Brrr, I wouldn't even consider doing such a boring task every 2 weeks :D . I prefer my totaly screwed up (but still safe) winxp (altough I hope I'll reinstall it before september, because Screw-up Utils 2004 or Windblows manager managed to double or even triple the boot time :D (and they screwed up some icons), and I have this problem that it won't load apps for a certain time because speedfan hangs (or something makes it hang or wait).But enough offtopic I guess :P

Yo can I get phoenix award bios??Cause I wanna overclock my dualcore And there aint any feature in my old bios so erm If this forum aint dead help would be appreciated :)-reply by SUm 1

Hello MateI am a proficient Bios Programmer and i am pleased to tell you that Award Bioses can be unlocked to expose the hidden features which the computer manufactrer chooses to hide from the user. These options include overclocking etc.Your motherboard is an ECS L4S5MG3(V1.0)Ive downloaded the latest bios version (1.0d) for your board and had a look at whats hidden etc . However all the overclocking options are availableThey are under Frequency/Voltage ControlIf you donty have this option you have an oem system eg hp dell acer etc.Please post back with your system make and model as i would have to mod the OEM bios insteadPlease feel fre to sign up at my forums at https://www.domeneshop.no/ where we can help you with bios modding :o

what do I doIs Anyone Familiar With Phoenix-Award BIOS

hey my computer keeps turning blue and saying there's a problem and I have to go to the phoenix awardbios cmos setup utility and it turns off then it goes to this black screen and it says press dell to go the phoenix thing and I don't know wat to do please help

-reply by carlos