xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xboxrulz1405241485

309 Passengers Survives A Aircraft Crash Airbus 340 crashed in Toronto

Well, every Torontonians know what happened at 16:03 this afternoon. An AIRBUS 340 skidded down runway 24 West (the most active runway) and fell into a ravine at the end of the runway. The plane was split at the back, where the washrooms would be. There were NO casualties and only 14 minor injuries. Most were treated on scene. The cause of this crash is still unknown. Transportation Canada is currently investigating the crash.

Aircraft information:AIRLINE: AIR FRANCE
DESTINATION: Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ)
AIRCRAFT: AIRBUS 340-500
ENGINE: 4 RR TRENT
Max. Mach: 0.86

SOURCES:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
CBC Breaking News at 16:00 EST
CP24 Breaking News at 16:00 EST
Airbus.com

xboxrulz

Thanks God that there is no casulty. I have seent the news on TV and there was seeming fire in the plane. The TV person was telling that the place touch the ground 200 mts. short of the runway. Let's wait for the official information.

**Even worse news**In the Guinness Book of World Records, this European lady who fell from an airplane explosion 14,000 feet above the ground, survived!!Well, not really survive but BARELY survived. She broke a lot of bones in her body but she lived.Now, THAT is a miracle. :D

Thanks God noone is dead ! But I've seen on TV that a lot of people were shocked psychologicaly.. well I can understand them. And besides that the company Airbus never had any accident caused by a technical problem before... si this might be the first one, which could lower their reputation.

Don't forget to mention the plane wanted to land during heavy thunderstorm. On the radio they've said the plane was hit by lighting.The black boxes are still intact, so they'll check those.

**Even worse news**

In the Guinness Book of World Records, this European lady who fell from an airplane explosion 14,000 feet above the ground, survived!!

Well, not really survive but BARELY survived. She broke a lot of bones in her body but she lived.

Now, THAT is a miracle. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Holy wow, now that's called being lucky. I mean like the woman must be crazily light to have floated down like a feather. Other than that, she must have been 'Mary Poppins' who fell asleep on the way down and forgot to land on her feet.

On a more serious note, if there was a fast flowing convection current in the area in which she fell, then the warm (or in this case really hot) air would have been rising fast enough to have de-acclerated her desent towards the ground (and mind that anything falling towards the earth would be acclerating at a speed of 9.8 meters per second); so that she slowed enough before impacting with the ground to make the fall seem like it was from a 2 -3 story building.

The reason I though about this was because: like most people know, there are hail storms every so often. This is caused by light little droplets of water being raised by convection currents to higher altitudes where they cool and freeze, then they drop to a lower altitude and mix with more water particles; when all of a sudden they are raised up to a higher altitude and re-cooled - over time they form sizes from marbles to footballs and some have been known to become much larger.

This way, convection currents do have the lift necessary to de-accelerate an old woman who may have been light enough for such a current to slow her descent down to the ground enough for her to have survived.

Hey guys, Just read up about this crash, and from what I understand lightning didn't have any effect on the landing. My guess would be that the pilots were enjoying a nice bit of wine and cheese and didn't even notice that the plane was making its decent on autopilot in the middle of a huge storm. Just a guess though. Anyways, a funny little tidbit to ad in would be that one of the pilots ended up hitching a ride back to the airport from some guy who picked him up on the highway. Bet they had an interesting conversation. Cheers

Another reason there were no casulities is that fact that all the passengers evacuated the plane in about two minutes. That almost seems impossible, but it happened. It just shows how well coordinated they were.

Another reason there were no casulities is that fact that all the passengers evacuated the plane in about two minutes. That almost seems impossible, but it happened. It just shows how well coordinated they were.

Yes, coordination and self-control are the two things you need in a situation like this. Sadly most people would just freak out in a circumstance like this and would keep pushing and shoving in an attempt to save themselves. It doesn't work that way. I guess the passengers have a lot of character.

I think that the pilot, is just a very honorable, man, because, save all the passengers of an aircraft it is almost a miracle, I think that this is so gratificant in the life, safe the life of other people. And I think that the controls of the weather, have to improve their systems to prevent this things, and safe millons of lifes.