xisto Community
keith12guyott

Counter Strike

I used to play all the time but i havent played in a really long time. Last time i played was with CS 1.6 and i heard there were some updates to the game that i havent tryied out yet. If there has been an update whats new to the game and is it better or worse than 1.6 (because i may start playing again)

I used to play awhile back, i stopped playing around the time they took the scope off the M4...I tried it again with CS Source when i got HL2, and it was fun for a bit, but it's basically more of the same... I get bored easily, and CS isn't exactly the most dynamic game in the world.

I had started around beta .6... played until like 0.8... started again at retail and played until it went to **** with the riot shields and whatnot at like 1.5 or 1.6 or whenever... but then I started up again again when Source came out. It was built off a 1.1/1.2ish version and then tweaked and moved to the source engine so it was more my style...they lost alot of the stuff that had been annoying me about 1.6.I havn't played in a fair while as I've been playing other games (like BF2 and whatnot) but I've been feeling an urge to try source again... test out the assault map and any other maps that're out. Plus DoD Source is apparently on its way soon :D

The only problem that someone should complain about in 1.6+ is cd key problems >_<Ever since they dropped Valve and went to Steam, it's much better. Everything's more organized, and everything looks crisp-er than the 1.5- versions. There have been updates, to make a better community, less hackers by banning them for a long time, if not forever. Glitches being fixed more often with updates. I think Steam is heading in a good direction with all these updates. Oh, and one other problem, Friends List never works >_<

The only problem that someone should complain about in 1.6+ is cd key problems >_<

Ever since they dropped Valve and went to Steam, it's much better.  Everything's more organized, and everything looks crisp-er than the 1.5- versions.  There have been updates, to make a better community, less hackers by banning them for a long time, if not forever.  Glitches being fixed more often with updates.  I think Steam is heading in a good direction with all these updates. 

Oh, and one other problem, Friends List never works >_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry to contradict you, broli, but I really liked playing CS 1.5 and, tho it is true that it was played very much by cheaters and ppl with no cd key, that is not my biggest problem. I do not like CS 1.6 or the version afterwards because it is not the same feeling playing them. Maybe I played too much CS 1.5, then I took a break of almost one year from counter and when I came back ppl were playing CS 1.6 for a long time and I needed time to adjust to it, but I wasn't able to do that.

I have original CS 1.6 with CD KEY but it is somewhere in my CD-case since I am playing CS 1.5 on the few servers left. Yes, the biggest problem is represented by the cheaters, but I like it way more than 1.6. Call me old-fashinoed... :D

Ah yes memories ......i remember the beta days wen you could copy over the shotgun rounds into the pistol directory and run around killing people in one shot with a usp ahahahaha!!!but i agree and disagree that 1.6 has come along way. The riot shields and so forth have "killed" the fun because we are there to kill kill kill not to thing about tactical rescues .....we have Swat 4 for that but in terms of updating bugs and taking care of cheats 1.6 is efficient even more so that source because the first patch for source was a bit too long in the making and so it turned me back to 1.6. Last thing i must add is that vlave definitely need to sit down and make a new gooood set of official maps such as aztec dust and militia ...golden oldies.

I heard ther's a lot of hackers. Ther's this cool trick where there are boxes your height. You hide behind them and when someone comes by, you get an easy head shot. And then people think you hacked. B)

cs is addictive!!!! I use to play 3 or 4 hrs a day. Even on exam periods I still play cs (stuffed up my exams real bad!), and on weekends I would play cs from 12ish to 6 in the morning with random people or my friends. At that time I got so good at owning and people thought I was cheating and kick me off the server. :) and at that time I was using 56k hahaha..... which pissed people even more!!But after 1.6 I stopped playing that much, because of the constant updates - its annoying, why can't they just make the game right?!