xisto Community
soleimanian

Turn On Your Computer Automatically

Turn on your computer for a convenient time automaticallyGo to your Computer Setup (press Del when your PC is loading).Go to “Power Management Setup” and enable “ PWron/Resume by alarm” and set date alarm and time alarm and then press F10 to save your change and turn off your pc.On specified date and time, your pc will turn on

Great tip for maintance...I can turn my pc 1 hour before waking up, and with windows task program a defraction of both my HD's and get it done at least once a week...And then turn it off when i wake up to get ready to go!

Wow, even after years of using computers inside and out, you can learn something new. Very useful, as i've always wanted to be able to do this, but I guess I was too lazy to actually find a way. Thanks now I can set up my comp to be an overpriced alarm clock :) But in all seriousness it'll definitly be handy in doing maintence while Im either asleep or away.

For those of you using a mac, there is a similar way to turn on your computer. Hey, we all need a wake up call now and again, right?Go to the little blue Apple in the upper left hand corner and choose System Preferences. Go to Hardware-->Energy Saver and select it. Take a look at your choices under "Schedule" and you see where you can have your mac boot up and shut down.Under "Options" make sure you select "restart automatically after a power failure" just in case.ChicGhic, see! I told you that you'd learn something new here.soleimanian, thanks for starting this thread. Many don't use the features that come with their computers. I don't use the wake up feature myself, but maybe I should try it out.

Turn on your computer for a convenient time automatically

Go to your Computer Setup (press Del when your PC is loading).

Go to âPower Management Setupâ and enable â PWron/Resume by alarmâ and  set date alarm and time alarm and then press F10 to  save your change and turn off  your pc.

On specified date and time, your pc will turn on

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For those of you using a mac, there is a similar way to turn on your computer. Hey, we all need a wake up call now and again, right?

Go to the little blue Apple in the upper left hand corner and choose System Preferences. Go to Hardware-->Energy Saver and select it. Take a look at your choices under "Schedule" and you see where you can have your mac boot up and shut down.

Under "Options" make sure you select "restart automatically after a power failure" just in case.

ChicGhic, see! I told you that you'd learn something new here.

soleimanian, thanks for starting this thread. Many don't use the features that come with their computers. I don't use the wake up feature myself, but maybe I should try it out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the tips...

I have both a PC and mac now I can have either turn one automatically when I need them to...

this is so helpful for both my pc at home and my mac at work! thanks guys!

Turn on your computer for a convenient time automatically

Go to your Computer Setup (press Del when your PC is loading).

Go to “Power Management Setup” and enable “ PWron/Resume by alarm” and  set date alarm and time alarm and then press F10 to  save your change and turn off  your pc.

On specified date and time, your pc will turn on

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nice one!:) I was wondering if it was possible but never really searched for an answer. Heh and now you just explained how it works. Great ! Thanks :P

thanks for the tips :P. But I was wondering does the computer have to be in stand by to be turned on, or does it even work when it's completely shut down? I'll give the tip a try now :D.

I've got an Asus A78XVM something motherboard with nvidia geforce4 chipset. There is an option called RTC alarm, i think that's it, but it isn't working. I tried it out, putting one minute ahead and saving it and switching it off. But it didn't switch on. Any ideas?