xisto Community
turehu1405241506

Ipod Prices MP3 player ipod

I am interested in finding out why there is such a bad reaction to Ebay.  There was a time when articles sold there were second hand but my understanding is that now a days most electronic gadgets including ipods are brand new on the original box with a full manufacturers guarantee.  It seems to me that Ebay cuts all all the expensive middle men and the need for the consumer to pay for the luxury of the main street shops and instead offers the product direct from the manufacturer to the consumer.  Is it more to do with the traders operating in Ebay? Are there too many rip off artists operating in Ebay?  Or has Ebay a low reputation in the Marketplace.  I am from New Zealand, Ebay has a very good reputation here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think there is any problem in using ebay! I buy/sell stuff on there all the time! Just as long as there is alot of good feedback and using paypal there should be nothing to worry about! Ebay has saved me outta a few jams where I needed some quick money :D

The e-bay issue:My first tech purchase there: a cell phone. It only answered calls half the time.I have a friend who bought a piece of music hardware that was never delivered. I bought a Netgear wireless card for $50 under retail. It works wonderfully.Answer: Stay away from sellers without small business setups and return guarantees (as far as tech items).The IPOD:Are you married to Apple? If you don't mind jumping ship, CREATIV makes a player with a 40 G HD that can be used as an external HD on top of an MP3 player for the same price as the 4 G IPOD. Dell OEM's it, I believe, if you'd rather purchase through them. Further, the non-IPOD players are compatible with Napster and Real services for monthly music membership, the direction I'm looking at going.I'm a regretful IPOD owner, to give you my perspective.

I hear the ipod from china is a imitation of the real ipod... Its very similar and its much cheaper... apparently it has a very slick design just like the ipod and many features similar... Obviously with everything online... theres no guarantees... So my suggestion is relax and chill for awhile and see if that seller gains any positive feedbacks... once you see and feel comfortable with the amounht of positive feedbacks the seller obtained... Then go ahead and do it... Theres always people out there who would blindly bid for something and not caring about trusting the seller or not....Hope that helpes.....Chin chin....

I can tell you for sure that there will not be a $40 iPod in any country in the world. Contary to popular belief, actually electronic products are more expensive to buy in China than in most countries in the world, and this is because the government don't want people communicating as much and there are very high taxes especially on electronics.A typical CD player will cost about twice as much in China than here in United Kingdom.

in mauritius here its like $100 - didnt check its specifications.. i'm thinking to taking one soon.is there any specific feature that is important in buying it? like space, etc?

Always be aware of the sellers on eBay. They always have the possibility to scam buyers. I been buying numerous items for eBay but I always look at the sellers feed back and how long they have been an eBay member. The only thing i pay with is a credit card. I also suggest to subscribe to Paypay. They provide great service and if anything goes wrong, you would be to get your money or product back (in most cases.)I only buy thing that are in the United States cause i love my country.

I would definately not buy anything on ebay, because personally, i want the product to be new, and not touched or anything.  As for ipods, I would just buy the mini at apple.com and get a free engraving.  I bought my ipod a couple years ago, the 3rd generation 20 gig ipod at apple.com for 400$.  Now, the 20 gig ipod is around 300$.  However, i like the old ones because its all touch activated, where as in the recent versions, with the exception of click-wheel, are push buttons.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, a lot of the merchandise - from electronics to home/bath/kitchen to books to everything else - on eBay is brand new. You have to actually *read* each item's description before you place a bid, but I've found brand-new stuff for cheap (like my kitchen knives). If I check out the seller's feedback and read his or her product description closely (and familiarize myself with his/her return policies), I can get brand-new, still-in-original-packaging items for a fraction of the retail price. This includes iPods.

The thing is that a lot of the power sellers are actually people in charge of physical, "real" storefronts, so they put some of their inventory online to attract a much, much, MUCH larger customer base. It seems to work well if they're still doing it after all these years ;)