xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Firefox & Thunderbird 1.0.6 Available !

- Firefox and Thunderbirds are now available in version 1.0.6 :) . This release corrects a bug who prevented the utilization of extensions introduces in the version 1.0.5.

- I think that it is solely available in English.

Posted Image

- Download Firefox 1.0.6

- Download Firefox 1.0.6 (Linux)

Posted Image

- Download Thunderbird 1.0.6

- Download Thunderbird 1.0.6 (Linux)

Edited by aminzzlink (see edit history)

Ya i just downloaded it but i don't really think there is any difference to me and i use safari most of the time but firefox is pretty damn good.I like it a lot.They come out with new versions of it pretty often so by next week they'll probably already have another one.I wouldn't be suprised.Would you?

I don't care how often they come out with new versions. It's so painless to intall an update that I almost don't notice anymore. BTW, Safari rocks but only if you have a Mac. I think I read something recently that said firefox for Mac is actually faster than firefox for Windows. Also I think it said that the fastest browser for a windows machine was Opera 8.1. Oh well, it won't matter in a couple years I'll be able to dual boot Mac OSX and Windows Longhorn.

Has anyone tried checking for updates in Options > Advanced? It said that it could not find the update service or something. This happened to me in 1.0.5 too, does it have to do with the API incompatibility with the extensions?

Although I use Firefox and swear by it, I never did download Thunderbird and try it out. I'm still using Outlook Express. Is there really a strong incentive to switch over, as in the case of switching from Internet Explorer to Firefox?

I don't get why you can't update Firefox internally without redownloading the enormous file. I have a friend who has only a dialup connection and would benefit from not having to download the whole package every time there is a simple update. I got this idea from Simple Machines Forums where it's so simple to update that you can do it with a click of a button from inside the control panel.

I don't get why you can't update Firefox internally without redownloading the enormous file. I have a friend who has only a dialup connection and would benefit from not having to download the whole package every time there is a simple update. I got this idea from Simple Machines Forums where it's so simple to update that you can do it with a click of a button from inside the control panel.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What I'm about to say would belong more in a new topic, but...

Updating Firefox internally is what they're working on right now. They originally planned to include this feature in Firefox 1.5, which is the next next (not a typo) major release, but since they have gotten so much features of 1.5 into 1.1, they are going to put it in the next major release, Firefox 1.5, skipping 1.1. It is due to release in August. Then, we can enjoy Firefox's new features including the internal update. But, I think that the update file would not be just a small patch, so the file size might still be around 4mb. But that's just what I think.