xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BlackWolfX

Your Top 5 FPS's

What are ya'll favorite first person shooters that you are best at?1. James Bond: Agent Under Fire2. Star Wars: Jedi Outcast3. Star Wars: Jedi Knight Dark Forces 24. Star Wars: Bounty Hunter5: James Bond: NightfireThat's not the order in what I am the best at or my favorites it's just the order that I thought of them in.

Shooters.....i like shooters1. Halo 22. Unreal Tournament 20043. Battlefield Vietnam (dind't play 2 yet, but i will)4. Call of Duty5. Medal of HonorAnd i'm not good at shooters at all, i'm really bad at them,..... but i like them and i play for fun.

In no particular order, simply because they mostly fight for the top place in my mind...Deus ExHalf LifeHaloSystem Shock 2Call of Duty...yea I have a bunch more I wanna put in there now but I'll cut it there...

This is a hard one as i could have easily made it a top 10 but i guess ill throw dice or sumthing for the top 3 :)1. Counter Strike (All Half-Life Mods I suppose)2. Unreal Tournament Series3. Halo Series4. Battelfield Series5. Metal Gear SeriesThats is in order of my fav and how good i am at them.

What are ya'll favorite first person shooters that you are best at?

1. James Bond: Agent Under Fire

2. Star Wars: Jedi Outcast

3. Star Wars: Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2

4. Star Wars: Bounty Hunter

5: James Bond: Nightfire

That's not the order in what I am the best at or my favorites it's just the order that I thought of them in.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You only put down James Bond and Star Wars. My list is

1. Halo 2

2. Half-Life 2

3. CS

4. Americas Army

5. Desert Storm

James Bond is too bland. The graphics are horrible, and hes such a pervert. Star Wars (in my opinion) is too childish and obviously fake. There is no blood in either game and both are too unrealistic. A FPS that is rated T or E should not be called a FPS.

To Jeigh's post: So what would the so called Third Person Shooters be called? TPS? Are there Second person Shooters, also? Just because the view is in 3rd person doesn't mean that you are not doing the shooting. What about when you can toggle the views in Battlefield: 1942? Does it suddenly become TPS just because you like to see in third person while your in a plane?

Actually they are called "TPA" or third person action games, normally (although the TPA acronym is basically never used). The fact that its your own character doing the shooting is irrelevant to the POV of the game. First person games are games that allow you to play the majority of the games looking through the eyes of the character you are meant to control. I would say whichever you spend the majority of the game in would be its classification, although I've seen game reviewers and article writers called them "first/third person shooters" on occasion to clarify.To your other point, the fact that you feel gore is necessary in an FPS is kind of limited in scope, especially since you argued my specifications of an FPS... since you say they arn't realistic so E/T rated games shouldn't be FPS' but FPS's dont need to be realistic. Thats what Tactical FPS' are for :) But regardless, I was moreso just commenting up there, the semantics arn't that important lol.

In order of preference:

1) Halo 2 (XBOX)

2) Half-Life 2 (PC)

3) Counter-Strike Source (PC)

4) James Bond 007: Goldeneye (N64)

5) Coded Arms (PSP)

The first three are pretty obvious choices and I think many would agree that currently, they are the best. My 4th choice may seem a bit odd to some but one has to love the classics. It was the first real FPS and a pretty good one for the times. And fifth, well...what can I say? I love the PSP and despite some control issues, and no story...it's a pretty good game.

Goldeneye was indeed a classic, it did more for the N64 then anything else ever did. Awesome game indeed (although there were many a good FPS before it, unless u meant first on N64) but yea, while its not in my top 5 since I didn't actually own it myself (I played alot at friends places) it was an amazing accomplishment and an amazing game.

1. Unreal Tournament 2005 !This is the FPS i like the most at the moment, because it has a dinamicity very rare met ! It keeps you in front of the screen with it's great graphics, with it's amazing animations and most of all with it's rythm ! Ok... it does not have a great storyline... but you don't have time to think about that ! It's the best FPS i ever played2. Counter Strike 1.6This is the FPS i probbably played the most ! And frankly it's hard for me to understand why... ! But on the second thought, if i try to realise... the reason should be the atmosfere... and the sense of realism combined with the great feeling one get's when the game is played as it should be... AS A TEAM ! It's great... !3. Far Cry A game that just got to me... without the huge hype that some games create around them... ! Amazing graphics and a flawless gameplay !4. Doom 3Great graphics and a piece of a horror game :blink::mellow: 5. Battlefield 2

5 FPS? And not including TPAs? I really don't make much of a differentiation between the two. But for FPS, now, here are my favs:1. Half-Life (Both 1 and 2)2. Doom 33. Return to Castle WolfensteinHmmm... I guess these are my favorites, but if TPAs were included, I'd add Max Payne and GTA as well.