xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nathan1405241474

Runescape fun RPG

My younger brothers play (and love) it. I, however, could never get into it. It may be because I'm a Tibia addict (tibia.com) or possibly because the game is just too darn crowded! I mean, jeez, every 3 steps I take I'm walking on my next door neighbors feet. Annoying. I also find the graphics less than decent. It's sorta a forced 3d, in my opinion. Not a proffessional graphic set. But it's got some good points. I think. Uhh, free .. easy to learn, easy to play. A good time waster. ;)

Runescape Classic was the best RPG game that I ever played and this game actually changed my life; average grades for my PSLE (Primary Six Leaving Examinations...it's an exam that will decide which secondary school do you go to but not students leaving their examinations ;) ). I found the old version much nicer as it was easier to play and to earn money but I stopped playing after I found the new version somewhat...worse than the original. To me, the graphics seems worse since I have to strain my eyes just to see things. ;)

I really don't see why runescape is so good! I mean there is no actual story line or mission, you just go around and beat things up. At my school people in year 7 just play it but when they get older they say it's really boring and repetitive. There are much better rpg games out there.

My ReviewRunescape is a great game at first. Its awesome for a free (ther's a paid version too) MMORPG. It's fun, there's a TON of armor and weapons, and about 15 or so skills such as smithing, mining, runecraft, archery, defense, etc. Yes , you can make your ouwn armor and weapons. The world is decent sized for the free version, but it quickly gets small. There's about 30 free quests. It also has decent player vs player, which takes place in the wilderness. The deeper you go, the higher level players can attack you and the harder the monsters are, but there are also great treasures. The graphics are mediocre. It's fully 3D, but the models are rather simply. The music is ok, and the sound effects are rather poor. At first, there seems a lot to do, and there is. I played it for a month, and after that, I got bored. It's not that fun at higher levels. My Rating: 70% (not an average)Graphics: 68%Gameplay: 95%Sound: 66%Presentation: 75%Replayability: 60%

Actually runescape is not a game based in the Medievil period, its actially based on a fantasy experience, they designed it that way so they could add anything they felt like in the future, "quoted from runescape knowledge base"-woo0t?

I haven't played for a while, but it's a pretty fun game.Last I checked, I was level 50. I had another account with level 50 fishing, so I used that to make some money. I only got on for the last few holiday events.

Omg you speak like it is a **** game icarnt fink a game better then it I have a lvl 106 account I never get bored of the game don't think I ever will best game ever!-reply by possived

If anyone does actually play Runescape, then they might be interested in something I wrote up a while back while playing it.Runescape Times---------------------I didn't originally intend this to go public, but yesterday evening I found a stash of Runescape time records in Opera Notes. I decided that they could be quite useful if anyone was interested in the fastest way to make money on Runescape. The way I'd left it in Notes was unorganized (and had no conclusion!), so I went ahead and edited things a bit to make it cleaner.I went ahead and timed a number of tasks that supposedly brought in money. Note that many of the Grand Exchange prices on these items will be outdated due to market fluctuations, so check before you balk at the net profits (Kebab prices are crazy, for instance. Why they don't go down is beyond me...).From what I've noticed, the rune collection area in Dark Warrior's Castle (wilderness) is both the best place to train magic and make money. I trained magic with fire bolt spells only (as it is the fastest way to do so), and ended up with numerous runes for sale. A thousand or so of any rune can fetch somewhere from 9K to 10K worth. So a trip to the Dark Warrior's Castle can bring back at least (>9000)*(7 total types-1 fire-1 chaos) = a profit greater than 45000 coins. Now obviously, if you don't cast fire bolt, you'll bring back a lot of chaos runes which sell quickly at hefty prices. So, YMMV.----Buying Kebabs in Al-Kharid (full inventory or 28 kebabs)----Trial Time in (min) (sec)-------------------------------------------------- 1 3:00 180 2 2:37 157 3 2:46 166--------------------------------------------------Average: 2:48 167.67Bought for: 1 coinGE price: 46 coinsNet profit: 45 coins.Notes: I quit due to sporadic demand and slow selling.----Buying Pizza Bases in the Wilderness ----Bought for: 4 coinsGE price: 53 coinsNet profit: 49 coinsQuite profitable, but quite dangerous too. Revenants are everywhere.----Getting Anti-dragon shields in Lumbridge Castle----Time it takes to get the dragon shields:Trial # of shields Time in (sec) (min) Time per Shield (s)-------------------------------------------------------------------- 1 18 167 2:47 9.28 2 25 210 3:30 8.40 3 22 175 2:55 7.95 4 22 175 2:55 7.95 5 22 185 3:05 8.41-------------------------------------------------------------------- Average: 8.398Time it takes to deposit in bank:Trial Time (s) Round Trip (s)------------------------------------- 1 22 44 2 21 42 3 18 36 4 20 40 5 21 42-------------------------------------Average: 20.4 40.8So, to make g amount of gold, it takes (g/233)*8.395 seconds or (g/233)*8.395/60 minutes. Gold per second: 27.7447 coins/secNote: The above does NOT take into account the amount of time spent going to and from the bank, as the amount of shields I get per round varied. I should probably do a retrial with a constant number of shields, but I'm far too lazy.GE price = net profit = 233 coins (lowest price)In conclusion: Why do people buy these things?!This so far is incomplete...I might edit this as I experiment. (Highly unlikely though, given my current opinion of the game.)

I have recently been playing runescape ALOT. I am very addicted to it as I am a member and their are lots of fun skills. But then theirs the annoying thing about runescape... The fancy level 100's with their whips. Why can't we be like them?? It just takes so long that people give up. DON'T. You can still enjoy runescape without having the best weapons/armour/levels! So, about moneymaking tips : I found a good way of money making for low level's who are non member is mining copper ore which sells for around 50gp each in the Grand Exchange!! Another way when you are higher combat (Such as 10-20) is killing cows in the cow field near lumbridge. They drop cowhides which sell for around 100gp each! I hope you like these ways of money making.Member ways of money making : Good ways of member money making are in lumbridge swamp. What is valuable in a swamp? You may ask. Well, swamp tar. It sells for a massive 200gp each, and the brilliant thing is that you pick it straight off the floor! Another way is Woodcutting/Fletching. Now, this is OK, but only if you can bare getting to 65 in both of these skills, and then getting 55 Magic. The way of fletching is cutting Yew Logs (Their is a good place near seers village which has a close by bank.) untill you have around 1000 (1K) and then get a knife, and use it on the logs and select to make Yew Longbows. Select the number you wish to make (In this case 27, as your knife takes up 1 slot so it is not a full 28 slot inventory) and your player will start cutting. Do this untill you have cut all your logs. Then, you will need 10 crafting. Go directly backwards from the bank untill you reach a field, go inside it and pick the 'Flax'. You will need as many of these as you have logs, because you will be using these at a crafting wheel to make Bowstrings, wich you will then use on your bows to make Yew Longbows. Before you string your bows, they will be called Yew Longbows (you). I hope you enjoy my money making tips, as I have put much effort into typing all this out.. And by now I must have lost atleast 3000 experience in some skill.

Runescape is a fun game that I got addicted to when I was a low lvl. Unfortunately I was a nonmember disabling me to do man things. There were man updates to this game and it has changed alot. The graphics changed from 2.5 D to 3d with ugly demons and now everythings almost okay. Plus new graphics are coming. "December 10th, 2008 the day ruinescape died." People say this because wildy pking has been removed and now there is clan wars, duel arena, and bounty hunter to pay instead. Bounty hunter has never been to good because you are automatically lowering the fun in runescape which has now gotten boring. I am not offending RuneScape because some updates were useful.Who's with me! All people members and nonmembers should get the same rights! XD peace out dudes and thanks for reading this imformative and long comment of my pitful account. -reply by Sedvyse