xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
crs_cwiz1405241504

New Member - But Just 3.66 Mb Space?

I just made my website on Xisto and when i when i went to cPanel for the first time, it said that that only 3.66 mb of space was available and 16.34 mb was used up. that is really strange, cause the disk usage viewer shows only approx total 0.26 mb total space used. I wonder what is occupying this 16.34 mb space, as i am unable to use even Post - Nuke which requires atleast 13 mb space.

Dont use Fantastico, install it normally.

Its usually a problem with the Disk Quota's, it can happen sometimes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I can do that, but doesn't it simply ruin the purpose of Fantastico, i.e. to install such big scripts in less time??? Cause it will take me >3 hours to install manually.

Any other solution??

Glad you asked :)Yeah, take the zip or the tar.gz orm whatever has the best comrpession, goto Filemanager in cpanel, navigate around by clicking on the folder icons, then upload the comrpessed file, then click on it when uploaded, and then choose "extract contents" and its done a lot faster :P

Glad you asked :)

Yeah, take the zip or the tar.gz orm whatever has the best comrpession, goto Filemanager in cpanel, navigate around by clicking on the folder icons, then upload the comrpessed file, then click on it when uploaded, and then choose "extract contents" and its done a lot faster :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I never knew Xisto had that option. to tell the truth, i really didn't expect it. this only certifies that Xisto is the best out there.

thanks trekkie!!! i owe you this one

Yeah, take the zip or the tar.gz orm whatever has the best comrpession, goto Filemanager in cpanel, navigate around by clicking on the folder icons, then upload the comrpessed file, then click on it when uploaded, and then choose "extract contents" and its done a lot faster

Say, how long would that take? I never thought of that operation - but that's a good one!! Cool!

But seriously, how long would that take if a manual installation would take 1 hour?

Then it can shorten it to about 5/10 minutes, if you mean just uploading the files then it'll only take about 3. Its a really nice way of doing things and it gets it done using as little bandwidth as possible. Since I found it, I cant imagine uploading big packages any other way.