xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mahanon

Final Fantasy Vii Sequels Which is the most wanted

So this is just a friendly reminder for anyone that cannot live without Final Fantasy VII, Advent Children is expected to arrive and hit the selves around October the 4th expected to sell out rather quickly so order your copy now.Now onto the main part if anyone doesn't know already there are to be four sequels to the hit game Final Fantasy VII, I'm sure everyone already knows about Advent Children but there is also Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis, Dirge of Cerberus, and Crisis Core.Well as it goes Before Crisis takes place some two years before the original game, so far it is only for cell phones in Japan but we might see it sometime soon.Final Fantasy VII, we all know this one and what went down in the game.Advent Children, this is the movie we are all waiting for and it is going to be released on both DVD and UMD, for the PSP.Derge of Cerberus, this one takes place sometime between the original game, and Advent Children, with you in the control of Vincent, I still am not sure on the stroy though.Crisis Core, this one I have no information on, if anyone knows anything on this version please let me know.I am just one of though's people that has to get their hands on everyone on these games.

I don't want any of them, and I'll tell you why. I don't want a seqeul to a classsic. It ruins the series. If they remade Final Fantasy VII, I'd buy it very quickly. However, they're not, so I won't even touch any of them.And, the one with Vincent, I want to control Cloud. I want it to be the same chatracters again. That's all.

I don't think it will ruin the classic game. I mean the classic is still the same no matter what they try to add on to it. But, I know what you're trying to say Dmaster14 they usually end up ruining it because they make mistakes in story etc. or they just rush the story line in general and it comes out wrong. I like to play sequels of games I really love just to see what they did to the story. Usually I'll rent the sequel first before I would go out and buy the game.

I would have to agree with Dmaster on this one. Looking back at the Final Fantasy series, FF VII was a classic. When it debuted on the Playstation console it was a big hit. The story line, mini-games and character development was exceptional. However the other games released following FF VII never exceeded the expectations that had been set. Graphically they had improved, but it didnt provide the hours of fun gameplay that I was accustomed to. As a result, I am not the fan of Squaresoft or Square-Enix that I was once but hopefully Advent Children will change all that.

I'v played FFIX, FFX and FFXI. If I was to play FFVII now, I'd ruin my series. Besides, I'm waiting for FFXII.

I too agree with DMaster to a degree. Unless a series lends itself specifically to sequels, I would say not to do one. I think in FF7's case, they would be much better served to remake the original in much the same way that they remade Resident Evil for GameCube. I would snap up a remake of FF7 in a heartbeat. I absolutely love that game.

I dont think FF7 was good enough to get classic treatment. Great game but not nearly classic.....well maybee if you look at it from a sales perspective. For me Id much rather see a proper FF7. They should do a multiplatform remake of FF7 with a fully fleshed out story and the bits from these sequals as new content for FF7. Inlcuding the movie as a sort of bonus follow up game that lasts only a few hours.

fully fleshed out? The story was already massive... :| I'm in the "just wanna see it remade all pretty" camp. Leave the gameplay alone, dont make sequels (well advent children is ok...no game sequels) and just polish the **** out of it then sell it and allow me to enjoy it in all its glory.

I leave for a couple of days and forget all about this thread and I seem to have started a debate on the game.Well to say some things about it you might see this game remade someday as you probably already know they showed the technical demo, Final Fantasy VII for the PS3 during the E3 show, one day we might just see the remake hit the shelves.The story was already massive so there are really no changes that need to be made to this game *cough* (revive Aeris) *cough*, thats all I'm saying about that part.Final Fantasy has become a classic not because of the units sold but instead of its storyline, it's characters, and it's way that it just kept you wanting to know what was going to happen next.And it is true most of the Final Fantasy series hasn't really followed up to the expectations that Final Fantasy VII created, and if you look really closely you can see bits and pieces of VII in the later Final Fantasy series.

No matter what square-enix may say, I think we will see FFVII remake in a few years for the simple reason = $$. It might cost quite a bit to release a "prettier" version of the game, but it would still be much less than producing a new one from scratch, and you can bet that the re-release would outsell just about any FF game since the original. They did it with anthology, they will do so again with this one. Question is, how much they improve and how much they will add to it?