xisto Community
BlueMountain

Osx Tiger On X86 Machine

Unimatrix, am I to understand you work for Apple? Cool. As far as the virus writers go, they didn't mind when Apple used an IBM chip that Intel and AMD owners couldn't use the software, it made sense, porting issues. What they object to is limiting it to AMDs and Intels with only certain other hardware. And believe it or not, most viruses that concern people, not the overly large ones but the minor ones like trojans, are written for piddly reasons like that.~Viz

yea...I just got it installed and run it in my P4 2.4GB with Nvidia 6600GT vedio card natively it works great...network, sound etc are all work.P.S duble boot with winxp

Unimatrix, am I to understand you work for Apple?  Cool.  As far as the virus writers go, they didn't mind when Apple used an IBM chip that Intel and AMD owners couldn't use the software, it made sense, porting issues.  What they object to is limiting it to AMDs and Intels with only certain other hardware.  And believe it or not, most viruses that concern people, not the overly large ones but the minor ones like trojans, are written for piddly reasons like that.

~Viz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't work for Apple. I work for a video production company technically as a consultant. They basically pay me to keep up on the latest and greatest Mac stuff and help develop some in house software. We have 1 full time techie and 2 software programmers then me in a company of approx. 25 full-time regular employees.

We have the development boxes to test our in-house applications. I think less than 50 lines of code had to be changed for things to compile and work on the X86 version. I know several others in the Mac development community.

These people that are complaining about Apple not letting them run OSX on whater joe user wants I think is going to be surprised when the line gets shifted over.

now all my tiger system is ok,network,sound, and even the g5 app (iWork 2005) can run the machine.
my hardware is p4 2.4 without sse3,only sse2.

anway, the screen refresh rate is low. I think it doest not support my vedio card, Nvidia 6600GT AGP version.

greate site http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/