xisto Community
xwilson7x

On Hosting MP3s At Astahost

far as i know, the TOS forbid you from hosting any Mp3 files on your site. there doesn't seem to be any ban on hosting wma. Though in several forums people have stated they're posting their own mp3s on thier sites, and they haven't gotten banned. i think basically what it is, is no copyrighted material allowed on your site. Get clearance from an admin or moderator, but i think it's legit.

far as i know, the TOS forbid you from hosting any Mp3 files on your site. there doesn't seem to be any ban on hosting wma. Though in several forums people have stated they're posting their own mp3s on thier sites, and they haven't gotten banned. i think basically what it is, is no copyrighted material allowed on your site. Get clearance from an admin or moderator, but i think it's legit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, thank you. I bought the music album I did not download it from the internet. I'm going to use this player to play it on my MySpace.com account.

The link to the player is here: http://www.mygen.co.uk/index.php?page=extrion=flashplayer

After seeing that player I believe there is no way for the users to download and copy the song to my computer right?

OK, thank you. I bought the music album I did not download it from the internet. I'm going to use this player to play it on my MySpace.com account.

The link to the player is here: http://www.mygen.co.uk/index.php?page=extrion=flashplayer

After seeing that player I believe there is no way for the users to download and copy the song to my computer right?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'm not the best person to ask as my knowledge of flash is rather low, but there ARE SWF rippers that can rip the content out of your "protected" flash pages.

I plan on using the webspace I get for hosting music. Most of my stuff is completely original music I have either written or someone I play with has written and I performed in it. But I also I have recordings of myself from live performances in which I sometimes play stuff that is not my own. What exactly are the guidlines when it comes to stuff like that? Am I allowed to host my own performances of copyrighted songs, or can I only host songs which completely belong to me?

so what you're saying is i need the mod's approval if i'm ever gonna upload an mp3 file and use it on my site?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mods do not approve this.

Admins approve this and since this is bandwidth intesive I doubt they would Approve it.

We won't approve it. Here's the why :If you host copyrighted material that is not your own work, WE can get sued. (well not we, but Xisto as it is the company that owns Xisto). That is why the rule is there. As far as our non-lenience on this topic, that will stay. To answer the question about live performances of copyrighted songs, I think that should be ok. This however does not cover you singing on top of the original singing (when looking at a song in channels LOL) So don't all of you go sing while playing a song and record it with windows sound recorder.... Won't work.Now, about the flashplayer... If the files are ON your hosting account, then NO. Music files (mp3, wma, wav, midi, mpeg, mp4, ogg, vorbis, whatever extension music files, videos, can have) are not allowed on the Xisto servers (and that goes for trap as well, before you all ask a transfer to trap). You can only host them IF YOU OWN THE COPYRIGHT or if the file is freeware and you are free to distribute it. Now one more comment... So many ask about music files and how it works, READ THE RULES AND TOS. It IS in there.

Well can we have background music that is hosted on another site?

Same problem. If you are the author, if you can proove that you own the copyright of this music, no problem of having it on your Xisto account or on another computer. If you don't have the copyright, it's illegal to show the link of a pirated music to people who would else be unable to find this link.

Unacceptable Use

Spam and Unsolicited Commercial Emails (UCE) are not allowed. Accounts will be cancelled and deleted immediately if found to be spamming or sending out UCE.

Web sites deemed offensive or racially degrading, by Xisto.com, will be removed from our servers without notice. Web sites promoting, making available or otherwise contributing to software piracy, hacking, spamming, denial of service attacks and/or damage to commercial networks or servers will be removed from our servers without notice and illegal acts will be reported and prosecuted. Abusive behavior of any type will not be tolerated.

Xisto.com has a zero tolerance policy for the use of its network for the posting of messages or commercial advertisements, which violate the rules, regulations, FAQ or charter of any newsgroups or mailing list.

Cgi-based message boards are not allowed.

Internet Relay Chat (IRC) traffic is not permitted on our servers in any of its many forms including, but not limited to: bots and IRC servers.

All server activity is logged. Any snooping, hacking, or other inappropriate activity of any type outside of your account, on our servers, will be grounds for termination.

Xisto.com reserves the right to refuse or discontinue service to anyone at Xisto.com's sole discretion. Xisto.com may deny you access to all or part of the service without notice if you engage in any conduct or activities that Xisto.com in its sole discretion believes violates any of the terms and conditions in this agreement. Xisto.com shall have no responsibility to notify any third-party providers of services, merchandise, or information, nor any responsibility for any consequences resulting from such discontinuance or lack of notification.

Xisto.com reserves the right to cancel/suspend any account(s) without prior notice.

Xisto.com requests that anyone who believes that there is a violation of our policy to direct the information to abuse@Xisto.com

Source: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/5769-terms-of-service-and-acceptable-use-policy/

Xisto hasn't specifically ban MP3 files, however, the point is that you MUST NOT upload any files that are copyrighted.

xboxrulz