xisto Community
infamousflame

Forum System: Do We Have To Use Ipb?

This is mainly a question to the admins, but if members post it might attract their attention and encourage them consider it.Do we have to use IPB? What would be wrong with using a different forum system? I would suggest SMF, and you could run it on a test basis and there is a converter for it, so all the posts and members etc. would be kept.I'd be happy to help with the conversion process, so if the admins want any help, please PM or email me.Thanks for considering this. :P

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

The IPB System in use here is very closely integrated with the running of Xisto, a lot of systems like the credit system and the hosting applications are alll tied into this forum. It would require a great deal of work to get to SMF, work that I dont think you understand, you see it would require writing some code.PLEASE SEARCH IN FUTURE......... this has been discussed before.Alphonse, SMF harder, meh! It isnt! :P:P

Oops, sorry people. I did search but I couldn't find it. And okay, no problem about not switching, and I agree with Trek, alphonse, have you seen the SMF 1.1 Beta 3 Public admin panel? It's much more organised and is simpler than the older versions.