xisto Community
mizswantonbomb

Any Alternatives To Photoshop? Quick question

Microsft has launced a beta version of what some claim to be Photoshops next contestant. You can find it by search for "acrylic" on microsoft.com. You have to register a passport, then you'll recieve a link in your email. It's free. Approximately 80 mb download zip file containing an installationfile and a release note.

I've personally started all my graphic editing knowledge from Macromedia Fireworks. Pretty good program for starters because it easy to understand. Adobe photoshop is something new. I would personally recommend Macromedia Fireworks then move on to Photoshop when you feel more comfortable with how the tools work and everything in these types of programs.

PhotoShop Elements has some of Photoshop without the expense. It does a lot for the money.

Another fun program to try might be Gimp which is free and fun to use.

You didn't say if money was a consideration. I know that I like my free programs and always pay for shareware programs I find.

Hope you find something you like to use.

PhotoShop Elements has some of Photoshop without the expense. It does a lot for the money.

Another fun program to try might be Gimp which is free and fun to use.

You didn't say if money was a consideration. I know that I like my free programs and always pay for shareware programs I find.

Hope you find something you like to use.

Like quite a few people, I find Ulead Photoimpact quite useful, as well as CorelDraw!You could try looking for some free alternatives, I found some a while ago, but I cannot remember the names at the moment.Also, Paint Shop Pro isn't that bad either.Hope this helps :P

There are quite a few alternatives to photoshop. another good program is Macromedia Fireworks. ive seen a few mention it alreay. easy to use. very intuitive. but then again it costs a fortune if you dont have the kind of money to pay for that.

a good FREE program is called Photofiltre. Its a french program but there are many translations for it. I havent used it myself but ive heard from several people that use it that its very good and that they are happy with it.