xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mizswantonbomb

What Are The Better Webcam Brands ? I Want To Buy ? General Question

I'd say Logitech probably has the best ones out... although if you get any nowadays that isn't the cheapest you see it would probably be fine. The last I saw any they had 640x480 video and 1024x768 still image capture ones for pretty cheap that were good quality.

me and my girlfriend bought his and her webcams from creative labs. AWSOME. the resalution is perfect for the price. creative labs really did a good jobs on these cams as they don't stall or show lots of pixels. great resaluion we use ours almost everynight. <_< still shots also have great results.

well.... even tough you shouln't buy a webcam by it's brand (you should find the best camera you can afford, not the camera you heard-of..) i think creative are pretty consistent with their webcams... you won't find the best quality, but you will find decent cameras at decent prices... !if i whould have to pick a camera by it's name it will be a creative, because other brands (such as logitech) also make webcams of low quality (but they also make webcams of a higher qualty than those of creative) !so... go for a creative if you want to buy a web-cam by the brand !

The best webcam is...What Are The Better Webcam Brands ? I Want To Buy ?

The best webcam you can probaly buy is the Logitech Quickcam. Which is great for skype, msn, google talk & basicaly anything!

-reply by Ernie

I can’t speak for Logitech directly but I can say their chips are good. My last webcam purchase was for a front porch security monitoring system. I bought a Rocketfish branded webcam which is sold by Best Buy. Once I took the shell off, there was a Logitech chip inside. The resolution was great and the low light level detection was impressive. I will say that you will have to have more than a low end machine to use the higher resolutions. I was using my old and decrepit laptop and had a hard time maintaining the medium resolution. As an actual webcam I doubt you could go much over 800x600 due to your Internet bandwidth.In the end, my project just didn’t pan out because I didn’t have a good way of getting the webcam signal from my front porch to my desktop. I had the webcam hooked directly to the laptop which was then acting as a network server. USB 1.1 and 2.0 has a strict cable length of 16 feet so the laptop has to be right next to the camera to operate. This also leaves me without a laptop when I need to use it.To this day I am still looking for a fairly affordable solution to my problem. I tried to run the USB signal over Ethernet cable but gave up after about a week of trying. I suspect a powered USB to Ethernet adapter is preferred but haven’t found anything that is unpowered (don’t want to go through the hassle of running a power line just for this) and under $100. If anyone has suggestions I would love to hear them.

I think that Logitech web cameras are quite good, the one I have and my friend is working fine for years, even though when I got my laptop, I don't use it anymore, as it has an integrated one in it. :)

Heres the top 15 brands1 | Creative 830 2 | Logitech 247 3 | A4 Tech 96 4 | Sony 62 5 | Philips 38 6 | Microsoft 38 7 | Labtec 34 8 | Linksys 32 9 | Axis 28 10| D-Link 26 11| IBM 24 | 12| Panasonic| 22 13| Ezonics | 20 14| Trendnet |16 15| Trust 16 | Lol go these off a website it says these are the best the numbers down the side is for votes and i have used creative and logitech logitech are expensive but definitly worth what you pay also with creative i would say if you are going to get any web cam Choose logitech or creative they are the best brands for them but they will come at a cost!!I do not use webcams any more but i used to use creative and they were very good and worth every bit i paid.

i used some local brands in order to save some money but they always gave grainy images and were not up to the quality. so its better to go in for a branded webcam as they offer excellent quality and more importantly-warranty! logitech is the first name i can think of while trying to find a good webcam. they make good computer products and its no exception in this category as well. the pricing is also well-balanced i think - not too high and not too low either!

i used some local brands in order to save some money but they always gave grainy images and were not up to the quality. so its better to go in for a branded webcam as they offer excellent quality and more importantly-warranty! logitech is the first name i can think of while trying to find a good webcam. they make good computer products and its no exception in this category as well. the pricing is also well-balanced i think - not too high and not too low either!

you pay for what you get... it always pays to try and get one of the well known brands because they always tend to have better quality stuff... like logitech mentioned above