xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nickmealey

Dell Computers Who likes um?

We use Dell workstations here, and I would say that back in the day, Dell was great, now they are alright. As Cif said, you can build a better computer to benchmark stats. Also, for as much as you pay for a Dell, you can save or even break even and come out with a better machine. Another thng to look at is local computer guys that are trying to make a name for themselves. They want to build a computer that is affordable to Dell, but more dependable and better. Also, you get local support as well. So do I like Dell, well, let say they are OK, but they lack in the tech department and their hardware could be a little better.

Dell computers are sometiomes relitavley cheap but they lack the scecifications in the graphics department.A great buy is your looking for a text based office computer, or internet browsing computer.

I have a Dell and it works fine with me! Before I had Packard Bell, but I had so much trouble with it that i just had to buy another computer after a year. I think Packard Bell isn't as good as Dell. I haven't had any problems or 'blu windows' yet!!

I find the Dell computers are good they have a high standart and the components are very good BUT they are tooooo expensiv so i think only people with a lot of money can buy a computer from Dell. I don't want to buy an computer from Dell because the are really expensiv.

I did like my desktop Dell...But I was unaware that I was purchasing a disposable computer!I paid enough for it that I expected it to last more than three years.I am a senior so it is not like I am doing any high tech or heavy computing.It totally crashed! Best Buy Geek said that the power port and motherboard were fried - couldn't recover anything.I will never buy a Dell again.-reply by netlady

I have had a few Dell laptops and also a Gateway over the past four years. I must say I think I prefer the Dell from what I got with my money. I use my computers a lot and my first Dell and Gateway had a lot of use. The Gateway though had power issues and I ended up buying multiple plugs since they continued to break and the battery, by the time I was through, did not last longer than 10 minutes, literally. The only reason why I had to buy it in the first place was due to the fact that my first Dell was stolen. I now am a Dell owner again though with my new laptop having no problems at all. I'll admit the first one slowed down in time but so did the Gateway because I had bought the cheapest ones and could not afford to buy ones worthy for gaming. The current computer I have though is capable of gaming and I was able to get a good deal on it so overall I am a happy customer for Dell.