xisto Community
nickmealey

Html With Css a easy look at CSS

Cascading Stylesheets, or CSS, is a very easy way to spice up your web site. The thing I like about CSS, is it gives you a more extended version for styles. The <font> tag for example is very limited with what it can do. With CSS though, you can do numerous things. from mouseovers (a:hover) to just changing a simple paragraph tag to a fancy one.
there are two ways to incorperate the style sheet. the first one is to just put it inside your page:

<html><head><style>all the stuff would go here-</style></head><body></body></html>
the second way is to link it to an outside source:

<html><head><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/styles.css"></head></html>

now, in css:

<style>p {color: blue;font-family: "tahoma";font-size: 15px;}</style>

Hi,

This tutorial is very useful for me.

I am using CSS for navigation menu in my site. I use the display: block css code. What are the other options other than block that I can use?

Can you also please elaborate more on different CSS styles?

Thank you

Googlue

Css Make the Difference of All WWW web world.Before the time I only know Frontpage I dont know CSS then I started to learn PageDesign It then come to a knowledge of css.It's about 1997.

Hi,

This tutorial is very useful for me.

I am using CSS for navigation menu in my site. I use the display: block css code. What are the other options other than block that I can use?

Can you also please elaborate more on different CSS styles?

Thank you

Googlue

60154[/snapback]

If you want more css codes you can download Macroedia Dreamweaver MX 2004. That Program have everything.

Read this:

1*Basic page:

HTML,HTML TEMPLATE,LIBRARY ITEM,ACTION SCRIPT,CSS,JAVA SCRIPT,XML

2*Dynamic Page:ASP java script,ASP VB Script,ASP.NET C#, ASP.NET VB, Cold Fusion, Cold Fusion Component, JSP,PHP

3* Thay maded some exmples which you can chose!

If you cant find program a can give u a adress for downloading

The other values for display depend on what element they are defined. For example
display: list-item
is only available to lists. W3Schools has a list of valid values.

If you want to learn more about CSS, I recommend reading through the W3Schools CSS tutorial. Which should be faster than downloading some software and going through its helpfiles.

i try to create a css in macromedia drm. 2004 but when i strat that i only get a code,and i dont get the design sheet!who is good in macromedia drm. 2004 mx?i need help

In addition to your tutorial and to make the markup code more valid, change <style> to

<style type="text/css">
. Average tutorial, you could explain more and go a little more indepth.

The other values for display depend on what element they are defined. For example

display: list-item
is only available to lists.  W3Schools has a list of valid values.

If you want to learn more about CSS, I recommend reading through the W3Schools CSS tutorial. Which should be faster than downloading some software and going through its helpfiles.

60324[/snapback]

another way to do this is to use <li> and <ul> tags (XHTML only for <uL>)

So it would be something like this

<li><a href="blah.html">Blah</a></li><li><a href="blah2.html">Blah2</a></li><li><a href="blah3.html">Blah3</a></li>
then your css would be.

#li {right-margin: 20px;color: #999;font-family: Arial;}
this would space the links evenly across, with 20px spaces.

on a completely different note, i think that this tutorial is much too basic. need a lot of spicing up.

another way to do this is to use <li> and <ul> tags (XHTML only for <uL>)
So it would be something like this

<li><a href="blah.html">Blah</a></li><li><a href="blah2.html">Blah2</a></li><li><a href="blah3.html">Blah3</a></li>

Yeah, that was what I said. The display:list-item is only available to lists, not other elements. And <ol> and <ul>, in combination with <li> are the only types of lists...

i love css.. Been using it every since I knew html... it's the best... you can just make your own stuff up. It saves a lot of space and time.... and it's really really really easy...

In response to Rogan's question:

i try to create a css in macromedia drm. 2004 but when i strat that i only get a code,and i dont get the design sheet!

who is good in macromedia drm. 2004 mx?

i need help

66299[/snapback]

There is a tab labelled "Design" in Dreamweaver MX which keeps track of all of the stylesheet rules for a given page. Right-click on it and select "New CSS Style". You can use CSS to create styles for any imaginable object, but for this example, I'll create a style for body paragraphs (that is, the text between <p> tags).

Now, you can either create a new class (which I'll explain shortly), redefine an html tag, or use a CSS selector (a:link, a:hover, a:visited, a:active).

If you define a new class, you'll want to give it a descriptive name preceded by a period, for example, ".body". To apply this style to a paragraph inside my main html page, I need only to type '<p class="body">'.

If you decide to redefine an html tag, simply select the <p> tag from the dropdown menu, and then all <p> tags within the html page will be affected by the new style.

And the CSS selectors merely affect link behavior.

Once you've chosen a style type, you must choose whether you are going to define your new style in the html page ("global"), or in a special CSS page ("linked"). There is a third option ("local") which consists of adding the CSS into the individual tags (like so: <p style="font-family: georgia, times new roman, serif">) but Dreamweaver will not help you with that, so you must actually learn CSS to use that method.

I think the rest is pretty self-explanatory. If anyone has any questions about CSS or design in general, feel free to ask me.