xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
fillrbnny

Final Fantasy 7 Final Fantasy 7 review

Final Fantasy 7 is the best RPG/Adventure game ever made. The graphic may not me awsome. but the story is so good,you wont even notice the graphics. This game is hours long and will keep you in suspense with alot of things. This game is purely a classic. Squarsoft may never make a better final fantasy then 7. 10 out of 10second thoughts?

I disagree with you on the graphics part. I mean they are not good for today's standards but when the game was released they were considered to be great. But on the storyline i agree that it is just amazing, so suspensful, and has a twist to it also. That is why square is making a movie out of it for the PSP. That should be and i already reserved a copy for myself. Not only is the storyline great but so is the gameplay i mean its classical RPG style. and it has 3 discs it took me about 78 hours to finish the game to the best i could and i still didnt unlock everything. The music also gets you it is rich and everyone has their own themes it is truley remarkable. So many fans want a remake of it but that would just ruin it, i mean sequels are always as great and i believe it would spoil the first one.

I don't agree, that it's the best RPG ever made, because that's WoW. But I think that FF is a great RPG, the stories are good en there all different to each other.

Actually when it was released the FMV's were insanely high quality, but the actual graphics were still nothing special... other games of that time period had similar or better graphics. The only real graphical mastery it had was the FMV's and some of the effects for the spells n whatnot.and WoW is an MMORPG not an RPG... :lol:

The graphics where around average for when the game was released. I still think that should remake Final Fantasy VII, not make a sequel. Everyone knows that sequels to classic game always turn out terrible. If you don't believe me, check out Halo 2 and others.Final Fantasy VII, I agree, is the best RPG ever made. The reasons for that is the Materia System, the advance Battle System, and how cool the characters are. I don't care much for any other Final Fantasy, since they are all overrated. (Final Fantasy VI....)Also, how can you not notice the graphics if the story and gameplay are so good? I pay attention to the graphics all the time. I don't ever get distracted by something else. Overall, Final Fantasy VII does diserve a 10/10.

If you've ever played Xenogears, another squaresoft (before square enix...lol) RPG you'd know that graphics are irrelevant. Frankly by todays standards the graphics are horrible. It came out after FF7 and looks a fair bit worse. Yet the game is amazing and you stop noticing the bad graphics once you start playing. Alot of great games can pull you in so the graphics just become part of the experience, not something to notice enough to like or dislike.

This is one of the few games that has become an instant classic, much like Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy IV (II) did.What they all had in common besides Final Fantasy IV and VII was that they all had a great storyline, interesting characters, and great gameplay. Sadly it has become increasingly difficult to find this quality in games produced today, not to mention that you can see a rise in older games being republished or even reproduced.I beleive that this game will also be reproduced on day, we all know that will be coming sooner or later, and people that played the original will wait with anticipation just to rip the shrink wrap off the box and start playing it all over again, reliving the days of playing the original.

The possiblitity for a remake is pretty good. At the elctronics expo this year, they showed off the next generation systems. Among them was the Playstation 3. Well there was a techinical demo for the Playstation 3. It was the opening scene of Final Fantasy VII. The scene where it shows Aeries(not sure if thats how u spell it) picking up the flower, then walking out onto the street. Then the camera jumps to the train and shows Cloud Jump off it with his sword.It looked amazing. So there is a pretty good chance of a remake. I am hoping that it doesnt happen. But that is just my opinion.

I wasnt really impressed with FF7. I didnt play it untill recently, and I didnt care for it much. I keep hearing about how the story is great. If I want a good story I will watch a movie, not play a game. I play games for gameplay, and the gameplay of FF7 just didnt hook me. I felt more involved when I played Pokemon than I did with ff7.

I wasnt really impressed with FF7.  I didnt play it untill recently, and I didnt care for it much.  I keep hearing about how the story is great. If I want a good story I will watch a movie, not play a game.  I play games for gameplay, and the gameplay of FF7 just didnt hook me.  I felt more involved when I played Pokemon than I did with ff7.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dude, a video game is half-movie, half game. That's why it's called a video game. Most movies have crappy storylines anyways [well, that's what I think. ] :P

But anyways, Final Fantasy 7 was pretty good. I like it. The gameplay was nice [ I like the materia system ], the graphics weren't too bad [the field animations were a bit too blocky, but that's fine], the music was pretty good, and the storyline was interesting to say the least. The only "discrepancy" I have is with Sephiroth. He is by far the most overrated FF boss. Now, I don't want to open a new can of worms, so I'll just stop there before we end up in a debate. Anyways, the Weapons were nice for a challenge too. Frustrating, but it was worth it. All in all, it was good game. I can't complain really. It's not my favourite FF game, but it's memorable nonetheless.

7 in my opinion was the best one in the final fantasy series story wise I mean, I've played all the others in the series and this one has the unique story, and a villan that isn't so over the top like in most of the games

Three things I feel like commenting on heh1- If there is no storyline in games, it'd be like playing pong over and over... I mean games need to be differnet and they wouldn't make it feel anywhere near as realistic if it was like "You are a cop. Shoot the bad guys" But if you have some big storyline explaining who your character is, you start feeling like you ARE the cop (or whatever, that was just a random example)2- Sephiroth is over rated like difficulty wise, but alot of poeple just love him as a character because he was so wickedly cool personality wise and whatnot.3- FF7 is no more likely to be remade now then before. I hope it gets done, and it COULD get done, but just like when people said it was likely on the PS2...who knows. The tech demo was just to show off square-enix's tech, build hype for the various FF7 products comming out, and show off the PS3. It wasn't meant to imply an FF7 remake was about to be made because I mean, why would they do something THAT obviously FF7 and then deny it...you'd think they'd either just admit to working on it OR do something more subtle.

[*Quote]QUOTE(Koel @ Jun 30 2005, 12:38 AM)I wasnt really impressed with FF7. I didnt play it untill recently, and I didnt care for it much. I keep hearing about how the story is great. If I want a good story I will watch a movie, not play a game. I play games for gameplay, and the gameplay of FF7 just didnt hook me. I felt more involved when I played Pokemon than I did with ff7. PS [*Quote]Dude, a video game is half-movie, half game. That's why it's called a video game. Most movies have crappy storylines anyways [well, that's what I think. ] But anyways, Final Fantasy 7 was pretty good. I like it. The gameplay was nice [ I like the materia system ], the graphics weren't too bad [the field animations were a bit too blocky, but that's fine], the music was pretty good, and the storyline was interesting to say the least. The only "discrepancy" I have is with Sephiroth. He is by far the most overrated FF boss. Now, I don't want to open a new can of worms, so I'll just stop there before we end up in a debate. Anyways, the Weapons were nice for a challenge too. Frustrating, but it was worth it. All in all, it was good game. I can't complain really. It's not my favourite FF game, but it's memorable nonetheless. i didnt really like it too coz its 2d...like its not 3d-like final fantasy 8..i dont know why a lot of people liked the game..prolly the characters??well peace

This game is the best one to the one than I have played in all my life. Me it has been finishing it for 5 years and todavia I have not seen the one best one. It is the great work of SquareSoft. One deserves the 10

Mahanon :This is one of the few games that has become an instant classic, much like Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy IV (II) did.What they all had in common besides Final Fantasy IV and VII was that they all had a great storyline, interesting characters, and great gameplay. Sadly it has become increasingly difficult to find this quality in games produced today, not to mention that you can see a rise in older games being republished or even reproduced.I beleive that this game will also be reproduced on day, we all know that will be coming sooner or later, and people that played the original will wait with anticipation just to rip the shrink wrap off the box and start playing it all over again, reliving the days of playing the original.

That's true

thnx
malinas