xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Darren0330

PSP Or The DS which is a better deal?

Sony PSP is definetly much better than Nintendo DS. I mean the PSP has all the graphics of a Sony PS2 and it can play music, videos, DVDs and it has expandable memory. The DS has only the double screen as a special feature but other than that it really equals the Nintendo Gameboy Advance SP doesn't it? But most people bought the DS because they couldn't wait for the PSP to come out and the price of PSP is rather alot. If you want to but the PSP I sugest getting it from the Carphone Warehouse because they have great deals on it there.

This is a no-brainer. Of course the PSP is better the Nintendo DS. Psp has PS2 graphics while DS has PS1 or even Gameboy graphics. Also, You are able to view Videos and Music Videos on the PSP, and Im pretty sure you cannot on DS. The PSP also has better games(NEW GTA COMING OUT). The DS isn't half bad, but If one was to choose between the two, THE PSP IS A NO-BRAINER!

I'd have to go with the PSP over the DS. I own them both, and I haven't picked up the DS in ages. The touch screen, admitedly, does give a nice feel to the DS, but I've seen it fall prey to too many over excited gamers. What use is it when it's got a pen stuck half-way through it? The PSP, on the other hand, is near perfection. It is much simpler to use and the graphics are way better. The PSP can access the internet, while the DS just used 'Picto-chat.' What is the use of Picto-chat anyway? To send your 20 ft away friend miss-typed messages telling them where you are in the food court? In concusion, PSP all the way.

DS all the way.

It's innovative

No loading times

No moving parts in system

Longer battery life

System chassis is more durable

Looks much sleeker and is smaller (DS lite)

Nintendo has better customer support

The DS screens have much better FPS (frames per second)

I find Wi-Fi on DS is much smoother and faster than PSP

Sony are greedy scoundrels :)

So far, the game rating average of ds games vs. psp games reveals ds games are much better

Games themselves are chips, meaning they are less easy to damage

Of course the PSP is better spec wise, but things such as music and movies on a gaming device is futile. Proprietary UMD movies are a terrible idea. If you want a decent amount of songs or movies stored on a memory stick, you end up paying more than the cost of a PSP itself. The DS has a browser (already released in japan- unsure of the state in north america).

Seriously, I don't know why people adore the PSP so much. My friend has one, and all he uses it for are emulators/roms. I remember playing a game on my friend's PSP, and the loading time was >1 minute, and the FPS looked like it was one of those little " flip book movies" (you know, those ones you did when you were a kid, and animated by flipping though the papers quickly).

Edited by Kardus (see edit history)