xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
djwacko

Rpg Maker Like it?

Has anybody here messed around with RPG Maker? I know there are some out for playstation, and i think there's one for Gameboy Advance. I use the one for computer, though. Well, there are a few, including: RPG Maker 2000, RPG Maker 2003, and RPG Maker XP (which is my favorite).I enjoy these very much and I am working on a new game, which is pretty awesome so far.If you haven't tried this out yet, I suggest you do. RPG Maker XP was hard to find in an English version, so I just Limewire'd it. :lol:

Yes I have actually used the RPG Maker 2000 for the PC a few moths ago while doing a project for school, it was something to work with for sure. Of course I had a little trouble with it a first but gradually I came to understand t little by little but I wished I had done the work on one of the later RPG Maker versions like XP but I just couldn't find an english version.I never did try the RPG Maker on the PS or the PS2, are these any different from the versions used on the PC? But I really believe that it is something worth trying at least once no matter what.

Yes, I've tampered with the RPG Makers in the past. I didn't create anything with them, but I did mess around with them a little bit. The problem with them is that they are just too generic. They aren't flexible to any stretch of the imagination. Plus, I soon become bored of them. RPG Toolkit is much better, even though there is some coding involved. RPG 2000 95 was pretty crummy. It was terrible actually. RPG Maker 2000 was mediocre at best. RPG Maker 2003 was the best, but still something to be desired. What a waste of almost 30 MB. I don't recommend these programs, not because they are "illegal", but because they lack flexibility and originality. On the other hand, I have never tried out the RPG Makers for the Playstations and Game Boy. They might be better? I don't know.

Yeah, I have all of the RPG makers, except for the one for Gameboy Advance and Super Nintendo.When I first began making RPG games, it was with the one for Playstation. I didn't know how to use it, and I couldn't get anything to work. When I finally learned that, I moved onto RPG Maker 2000 and 2003. Both of them are very good. I also made my own game for it and submited it to some sites. It got a decent review, but I know I could do better.RPG Maker XP isn't too good in my opinion. It is a lot harder to get use to, you cannot compare your game with other people's games, since they are experts and use the new script feature. Plus, it cost a lot too. After buying RPG Maker 2003, I didn't want anything else. So, I got the demo. I don't know if the full version is better or anything, but I don't want to take my chances and buy it.As for the one for Gameboy Advance, I heard it was just like the one for Playstation. If that is so, I really don't want to get it. Besides, I think it is written in a different language or something, since I haven't seen an english title on it.

Is it possible to upgrade from 2003 to XP? (the games)...I tried to get RPG Maker XP but I didnt' know where to find it so I just got RPG Maker 2003. I'm currently making a game and I think it's great!

I tried it, and actually, I didn't like it at all. Maybe it was because I was used to GameMaker. It was just not as good as GM. It wasn't very powerfull and the options were very limited. It's maybe better with the new versions, but still I don't want to learn the programming language of RPG Maker. I know GML and that's good enough for me. Don't get me wrong. I don't want to say that the program is bad or something, but it just isn't good enough for me. Please tell me if the new version is better.-=Jeroen=-

i was able to try out rpg maker 95, 2000 2003 and XPthe newest looks coolerbut im more used to the 2003/2000 interface ^^from what i heard a 3d version will come out and i gues ill be watching out for that ^^

I've played, and made games for, RPG Maker 2003 for PC and RPG Maker for Playstation. It takes a lot of patience to make a game, and a good English language skill as well. Since I know Spanish, my game came in two different languages, which made the text/branching really hard. I have a tutorial on RPG Maker in the Misc. tutorials, which isn't yet complete.

No Alignment, No real rare objects, No interaction , Lame Turn based combat which makes me want to choke. All the classic symptoms of poor Rpg makers. The only good side is that you know the ending!Seriously if you want to play a good rpg maker try somthing like Morrowind Tes Construciton Kit, I know it doesnt have Alignment but reputation and Bounty are still close factors.Tes construction give much detail with beutiful landscape arcitecture and brilliant models. Hey Oblivion is comming out soon and i recomend it from a 15 year gamer one of the highest ratings. Lets just hope they dont stuff up the plot.. ;)