xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Bob

Su-do-ku

Su-do-ku, the game in the newspapers. the aim of the game is to fill all the boxes and not break the rules. You have a grid like this

Posted Image

the rules are as follows: you can only have the numbers 1-9 in all rows, all columns and all boxes (hence the reason why some lines are bold). You can't double up in any of the boxes, rows or columns.

If anybody knows where i can get a program that generats these, tat would be really cool. Please don't divirt me to a place to download sudoku.xls. P.s. i want a freeware version.

This is easy yet interesting enough to be a good programming challenge. I am already thinking about what kind of algorithm is needed. If I think up one I may code it. Lol.

Ok I wrote a quick one.
I don't solve these puzzles so I don't know if it is adequate
Anyway check it out.

Unfortunately my Xisto website is not letting me ftp
so I put it on

http://www.ssh101.com/

at the bottom of the page you will see

Download ace file 867KB: sudoku.ace

Yeah I do agree with you that Su-do-ka is a wonderful game, filling all the grids with numbers 1 through 9, but this is a mind game that has to be filled with permutations and combination, and I think one day a software might come but I would prefer to do it mentally, because that is where the real thrill comes

I love sudoku :P It's the best puzzle game ever. At first I thought it was really hard but I found it well addictive. Then as I got used to it I found it so much easier. It's not just sudoku though, there's also samurai sudoku and the newest one is killer sudoku, both are extrmely challenging and fun! B)

Like other members at first I think at first that it is very hard game. But later I found that it can be solved very easy by using permutaions and combinations. But it is a very good puzzle to play. Almost every newspaper is publishing it now a days.

Su-do-ku puzzles are fun. They can be challenging at times because there is that one number you need to find and everything depends on it but thats part of the challenge. The logic is good and it definately makes you think faster after working with them for a while.Here are the lines of that earlier puzzle, i couldn't upload the image of it when i completed it so this is the next best thing963,174,258178,325,649254,689,731821,437,596496,852,317735,961,824589,713,462317,246,985642,598,173

As most of you when I saw this game in the newspapers for the first time, I didn't understand how to play it and what to do with it even when I read the short rules, but after some time my friend showed me how to play it and I really thought it is a hard game, I messed up several times, but with time I found it interesting, it is fun to do it while you're going by bus or you feel bored. :D