xisto Community
Hardy Boy

Poll: Which Is The Best Os Pick The Best OS

What is the best OS  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I Absolutly Hate this kind of topic, you might aswell ask what the *BEST* colour is... red, blue.. green ?its soo ill defined....here are the answers...Which is the most popular OS ? its Windows. obviously.Which OS is best supported by games companies. Windows !Which Os is best supported by closed source Drivers... Windows.Which OS is best supported by Commercial Applications for Home Users... Windows.Which OS is most Secure... OpenBSDWhich OS is most Portable... NetBSDWhich OS runs th most Web Servers... OpenBSD.Which OS is the most common commercial Unix Distro... Solaris.Which OS has best OPen Source Driver Support. Linux.Which OS ha best open source software support... i dont know.. i would guess its close between FreeBSD and Linux.Which OS has the largest community of open source developers.. Linux.Whih OS is most popular amungst COmputer Enthusiasts... Linux / FreeBSDWhich OS is most popular choice for embedded systems....Windows Embedded / Linux / Net BSDWhich OS has the smallest Kernel... Minix.All of the above questions are valid. hey all have answers.but "which is the best OS" has no answer.you might aswell ask.. " How Long is a piece of string", "which is the best colour", "whats the best childs name"I've seenfar far far too many posts along the lines.. " Linux is best because its Free".. So is NetBSD, Minix, Darwin, FreeBSD, FreeDOS, OpenBSD, there all Free.Or Windows is Best Because its Easy to use.... How Many of you "Windows is easy to use" people have Ever Used Workbench OS, or PC-BSD"

I'd say, for the most stable OS, it's still Linux, I haven't gotten it to crash unless I run it on crappy hardware.

No.. its OpenBSD.

No question, No Arguments... Fact.
Do Some research.

when was the last time OpenBSD crashed for you ?
or would i be correct in guessing you dont use OpenBSD?

openBSD quote: "Only one remote hole in the default install, in more than 8 years!"

yes, but Windows Vista is going to cause so many problems for you. For instance, they just change the license. Another things is that your older programs might not work from Windows XP or 2000.For example, there were already problems with iTunes, things weren't rendered properly.Lastly, Windows Vista is such a bloatware, it's slow and most of the stuff are unnecessary and useless.O, and I do recommend u to get a Mac insteadxboxrulz

Edited by xboxrulz (see edit history)

I concede Xbox'z point. also macace. While i do feel that windows is the most user friendly environment for a newbie

Actually, I found an article that MS is not the only one to blame for the viruses & spyware existing in windows... it's really the dumb users that are running it. It's a "click-happy" environment were everyone runs as administrator and so programs can get full access to the computer. Now if everyone ran something like Ubuntu, I think the OS world would be much safer!

[N]F