xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
theillestmc12

Metal Gear Solid Series?>?

Hey definitely like the MG Series from the awesome graphics to the realistic chokes and manouvers and not forgeting the intense plot - makin the series by far a winner !My favourite ofcourse is MGS1 only because i know it better than the back of my hand and have managed to get Big Boss's rating.

have u played mgs3..dude the twist in that game was awesome...the was freakin crazy hahahaha...and i agree with ya on mgs1 it is good.the story was kinda sad well most of msg series are sad because somebody always dies...the one thing that got me the most is in msg2 when E.E. died you know otacon's sis...dude that scene with the bird made me cry...well not really haha

I like the first Metal Gear Solid. The second one "Sons of Liberty" wasn't as good. It got kind of stupid at the end with the "Patriots" stuff. You also didn't get to be Snake for the entire game. But I like the stealth and having to be hidden strategy in the game.

A while back, I picked up Metal Gear Solid 2:Substance (for PC) on a whim one day just to see if it was as good as everyone said it was. I don't know if I this game isn't as good as the rest of the series or what, because I had some qualms with it.First off, I had to trial and error on what buttons did what. Instead of having keymappings telling you what each button did, they simply acted like a PS2 emulator..."A" = Square <<<----- well wtf does that do? :( And the so called "plot twist" really didn't make much sense... I may have just missed something entirely, or need to play the other games to get more background on the characters... That Raiden guy was annoying.The controls themselves had a bit of a learning curve to them. I wasn't used to having the camera set up like that and I kept bumping into stuff... The whole time I was wishing it was more like Thief.I dunno. Maybe I'm just being picky :(

hahaha ya he was an idiot...did u beat the game????o ya i agree with u guys...the patriots stuff was kinda complicated..took me forever to figure it out...and the whole game is like a effin movie lol...too many fmv's but i like it overall..and mgs3 is awesome man..u guys should play it

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, the most recent installment in a long running and extremely popular series of MGS games, not only does justice to the MSG legacy but has brought at least one gamer back into the fold. The opening sequence, or should I say mini-movie, was enough to have me hooked shortly after pressing start.:( The visuals in the game are quite stunning, the voice actors breathe life into each character, and the music score builds enough suspense, when needed, to have you on the edge of your seat. This latest publication definitely meets up to the high standard that MSG has set for the third person action adventure.The tutorial at the entrance of the game, though appreciated, seemed to take a little longer than needed for the basics of controls to be taught. Many of the more subtle aspects of control were left up to individual learning which I felt was good for developing a personal style of play. The menus, once learned, become very easy to navigate...The only issues I had with the game control may all be due to operator error, I must admit, but I thought I would mention them. First, Snake is prone to pressing up against walls when trying to rapidly maneuver around objects and walls to avoid detection which more times than not ended up in alarms sounding. Second, Snake can get stuck while maneuvering in the crawling position which could only be remedied by crouching and redirecting, fine when no one is looking, but caused some concern when popping up out of foliage with an enemy nearby. Lastly, and I think most importantly, is the fact that there are times that I would draw a weapon in anticipation of taking down a nearby enemy, but after having avoided detection releasing the firing button would pop off a round. All-in-all these are only minor gripes that are possibly all my own fault and they definitely do not overshadow the amazing game play as a whole :(

hahaha ya he was an idiot...did u beat the game????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I beat it, though I think I'm going to just go onto another forum that has an explaination of what exactly I did. The darn thing seemed like a Matrix ripoff...

The only issues I had with the game control may all be due to operator error, I must admit, but I thought I would mention them. First, Snake is prone to pressing up against walls when trying to rapidly maneuver around objects and walls to avoid detection which more times than not ended up in alarms sounding. Second, Snake can get stuck while maneuvering in the crawling position which could only be remedied by crouching and redirecting, fine when no one is looking, but caused some concern when popping up out of foliage with an enemy nearby. Lastly, and I think most importantly, is the fact that there are times that I would draw a weapon in anticipation of taking down a nearby enemy, but after having avoided detection releasing the firing button would pop off a round. All-in-all these are only minor gripes that are possibly all my own fault and they definitely do not overshadow the amazing game play as a whole :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with the above post. From what I've played, if they would redo their control scheme somehow, the whole game would be a heck of a lot more playable. What really irks me are console ports to PC. The only two times that I've seen that have a successful conversion with control schemes were GTA 3 (and all those that followed) and Shadow of Destiny (highly recommended if you like time travel/adventure games). There might be others, but their names escape me at the moment. :(

I loved the whole series, but, I'm yet to beat MGS3. I agree that the controls are alittle weird but its not a big problem because you do eventually get used to it. If you guys own a PSP and love the plot to these games, and enjoy turn based strategy then you should defidently check out Metal Gear Acid. The story is just as good as the MGS series but, there is a lack of voice acting :( and lack of good CG clips.

Yeah this is a great series, I have played most if the first series but haven't really had the time ti play the latest versions like MGS3 but I really think this is a great series and I am hoping to get a chance to play the rest of the games sometime soon.

I already played all metal gear solids and the story in each one is great. I like to make fun of raiden, but I don't hate him. What I am anticipated about is the two original metal gears on subsistence. When they first spoke about outer heaven and zanzibar in metal gear solid, I was confused. It will be cool to play the old games. I like all the metalgear solid games equally. The thing about the patriots in metal gear solid 2 was confusing at first, but then I got it later. Great mood in that game. There's great moods in each solid game. Metal gear solid was creepy. The second was I don't know, but it was cool. Third was sort of like an old action movie or something I guess.I wished they could've given the bad guys a better background in metal gear solid 3. It would be nice to know why the fury was so angry. The fox group and dead cell was cool. The cobras seemed a little empty to me though, except for the joy.

I love the Metal Gear Solid series! This has to be one of the best series out there right next to Zelda. Just like Zelda's story this is a game that can't be forgotten easily. I have to say I grew up playing this series and I loved it.My brother just recently purchased Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and this game is awesome. So far the game has been great, although I haven't finished the game yet, but if I were to rate from a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the worst and 10 being the best) I would give Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater a 9.1 out of 10.

Here's what I didn't get why people hated Metal Gear Solid 2. They say they hated Raiden, and messed up the story, or it would've been better if it was Snake instead of him. Thing is, if we didn't get through the game from Raiden's perspective, we wouldn't have understood everything that happened. Kojima wanted us too feel like something familiar and odd is happening, making you feel like you've seen this before. Well, don't want to spoil it so I'll end it and just say that because of Raiden, the story was more understanding.