xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Bob

Internet Explorer 7

I heard that microsoft's new Internet Explorer 7 is going to have window tabs like Mozilla's Firefox. For people who don't use Firefox, you can open multiple windows in one browser and each window is under a tab, it's pretty cool. I don' know much else about IE7 so post back all you know.

It's only right that Microsoft quickly comes up with a new version of their IE browser, seeing how alternative browsers such as Firefox and Opera have gained much market share since IE 6.0. The tabbed browsing way is so popular with Firefox users, I'm not surprised that Microsoft has decided to include it in IE 7.0. I wonder when will it be released.

I hope its good, firefox is so much the better web browser over IE6 - microsoft have a lot to improve on

OMG... MS is really trying to get back in the game!IE7 was supposed to come out with Microsoft Longhorn, but Longhorn is taking to long already (I smell another Windows ME) and they want to get it out ASAP (Just like WINME, look how popular THAT was). So Microsoft decided to make it available for Windows XP SP2 users. No Windows XP? No SP2? No IE7.It is a very dumb concept, but soon people will learn to stop paying Gates for junk and move to something real like Linux.Firefox will ALWAYS be more secure and better than IE. TONS of people use Firefox but there's no malware for it... could that also be if everyone moves to Linux? What's the fun in writing a virus for Linux? The entire OS is already opensource so there's no point. And would they be dumb and make the virus open source too? lolOk, back on topic. IE7 should be out sometime around August-October-ish. Maybe sooner. But I don't expect anyone to actually use it. Firefox will always be on top![N]F

The word on the internet is that the code name for internet explorer 7.0 is "Rincon." Just in case you wanted to search the internet. A new internet explorer will what microsoft needs to boost thier market. With the capabilites of tab browsing, higher security features and faster page loads. It really sounds like to be a continuation of netscape or mozilla (which is a netscape with a different mask.)I am a well experienced web developer and it would make me made if the internet explore 7 would not be capable with CSS2 (Cascading Style Sheet) coroperating with the tab browsing. I have been experiencing some problems with Mozilla.

I think it is good that MS is finally doing tabbed browsing. It took them long enough. I think firefox will come out better then any browser MS releases but MS is getting closer to be the best.

Firefox will still probably be a better browser than IE7, just because it is open source, and has so many themes and extensions. It is hard to beat a browser that has millions and millions of people working on it. I am just happy that Microsoft is finally learning and is incorporating tabs into IE7.

Internet Explore 7.0 better have really cool feature to convince me to get it. I don't care for IE 6.0, since it's slow and has too many popups when I start it. If they could make it like Firefox and some other stuff, I might get it. If not, I'm sticking to Firefox.

okay i don't have firefox, i was wondering where you could download it but i need some reasons for downloading it, i heard it is quicker but i don't know. so if anyone knows any reasons why i should download it and also where i could download it for free. I have limewire could I download it from there?

okay i don't have firefox, i was wondering where you could download it but i need some reasons for downloading it, i heard it is quicker but i don't know. so if anyone knows any reasons why i should download it and also where i could download it for free. I have limewire could I download it from there?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can download Firefox from Here.

Reasons -

1. it is fast

2. it is safe. i am using it since 6 months and i have not get any spyware,adware, virus

since than. earlier when I was using IE a lot of spywares coming on daily basis.

3. it is customizable. it has a lot of extensions so u have your own control on the

browser

4. it has tabs

there are a lot features also. Just go for it and explore yourself.

Even if Microsoft release IE7 and say its better than Firefox, no way am I gonna download it. I can't stand IE.Firefox is customisable, fast, secure, safe, innovative. Bill Gates would have to personally come round to my house, give a £1million pounds in cash, get down on his knees and beg really kindly for me to get IE7 even for me to just think about it!