xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cookiemonster1405241499

Anti Spyware Microsoft trial software

This spyware remover is so cool, its been made by microsoft and is a 3 month trial witch was a shame but i still got 53 days left witch is 1 and a half months, it has a sheild that stops spyware from evan entering your computer and also pics up dangerous viruses that may harm your computer. go to microsoft and download it for free.

Well, I've seen this Microsoft AntiSpyware in action. First of all, I have my doubts about the License Agreement that comes with this product but then I'm not a laywer. Also, on a perfectly clean machine (checked by pro's) it claimed to have found XferPro based on nothing but registry keys (no executable found) that have nothing do with XferPro. That's not hopefull but then this is still beta software. But that might be a reason why Microsoft AntiSpyware finds things that others do not. Other then that this Microsoft AntiSpyware seems no better then the more proven solutions already available out there. With the exception that Microsoft AntiSpyware falls into the category of nagware as far as I'm concerned because it keeps on popping up questions for as long as the user doesn't comply with what the program thinks is best...

I use the microsoft beta spyware program - im totally happy with it. I have used many others and for me it beats ad-aware etc which is well known and probably most common.

but once Microsoft Spyware becomes well known and common (which it is becoming now already) it will be just like Adware, hence you should use more than just 1 program.If you want to see if Microsoft spyware has removed everything? I would suggest downloading the free removal programs and see how much stuff they find as well.

I downloaded this Beta fairly recently and I also downloaded Spybot: Search and Destroy the same day. I never knew how much spyware and adware was on my machine! A great feature of Spybot: S&D is that it asks you whether to allow or deny a major registry change, such as allowing a program to boot at startup, which can be used to avoid allowing spyware or adware to start without your permission or you doing anything to activate it. Both of these programs are currenty FREE, which makes them even sweeter! :lol:

I have used Microsoft Antispyware and It is a good tool. The most important thing in it is that it has real time scanning which is not available in all other free anti spywares like - Spybot, Ad-aware etc. But I think it takes a lot of memory to run as I have feel. But this may be due to the fact that my computer is Windows XP on 128 MB ram only. ( Don't worry I am soon going to upgrade it to 512 MB)

Microsoft AntiSpyware can be a big pain to use at times. I hate when it keeps asking if I should allow or block a certain change. This is worse than the TeaTimer program in Spybot (actually don't find TeaTimer much intrusive than this real-time protection from MSAS).I have to agree though that it's best to use more than one. I don't use a lot of these since my machine is pretty clean with the updates and I know what I'm doing LOL. These are the ones I recommend: Ad-aware, Spybot, MS Antispyware. If those fail, I usually go with a program called HijackThis and that should help me narrow down to the specific infection. HijackThis is not a program for newbies. Best to ask for help if you don't know how to use it.I think the new version of Ad-aware catches a lot of malware/spyware now. Microsoft AntiSpyware still catches some false positives as Neverseen pointed out. Had one user before that said it caught Firefox as being bad.That trial is only for the Beta (I think). After that, it should be a stable release, free for the public to use. Mr. Gates himself said this a few months ago.

Microsoft Antispyware Beta 1 is quite good. Before I started using it, I was using AOL's Spyware thingy (widely renowned in the AOL community as being utter rubbish). When I installed it I was amazed at how many things it had picked up that AOL had missed.However, I can't understand why it's in Beta. All Microsoft had done was bought GIANT Antispyware and rebranded the software as Microsoft.

However, I can't understand why it's in Beta. All Microsoft had done was bought GIANT Antispyware and rebranded the software as Microsoft.

They're probably still working out the quirks for the program. As some users has mentioned (me also), it catches some false positives at times. I know there is no perfect program, but I don't recall when Ad-aware or Spybot caught a false positive before (either a legit program or a malware that never existed in the first place). I'm sure Microsoft will make it a "stable" release after the expire date comes around.

I have the Microsoft AntiSpywaree and it works just fine for me. It is kind of annoying when it continually pops up to tell me new spyware definitions have been installed, but it isn't as bad as you might think. It is the only spyware blocker/remover I have on my computer, and it seems to do just fine. Of course, my computer is monstrously slow, but that is just because it is old and has XP installed when it was only meant to run on Windows 98. Oh well...

i use ad-aware and spyware S&D..they work well but ad-aware seems to slow my computer down some.i was watching G4 and they said basically what you guys have been sayin, that it catches false positives and the like. I can't remember what they said was the best.. but my favorite is Spybot: Search and Destroy