xisto Community
Houdini

My Disc Space Usage

I uploaded my IPB-Nuke site (a total of about 8.5 megabytes) but when looking at my disk usage I shows about 26 megabytes I know that it repeated the file in the WWW folder, I have since applied for and was approved for the upgrade to 150 megabyte which I appreciate, but in reallity I really only have 75 megabytes. Is my thinking wrong here or am I correct.

No friend That does not get Added..! www and public html Folder don not kake up double space..! I seem That html is the main Folder ..! www is only a shortcut to that..! I have uploaded my files but the file size if ok..!And r u using mysql? If so they too take up space..! But i have 150 account and its perfect and i have full 150 mb in my hands..!

Well, if you put stuff in the www folder, which is a link to public_html, you then have your phpnuke twice I would think LOL. Also check the tmp folder, it can get quite big.

I think he means that he has just a total amount of 75mb space showing up in his cPanel, I had that sort of problem too. You need to ask opaque (der uber admin) to fix this, since he's the only one with the appropriate clearance level) .... appropriate clearance level... dang, that sounds cool :(

Im having the same problem... or a similar one at least, my cpanel keeps showing the wrong amount of disk usage :( 17 / 20 Megs used or something along those lines.Its really starting to bug me since I cant install a forum using fantastico since it says that its not enough space.

Well, I have a problem that may be related to this (and perhaps one of you could help me). I just got my hosting yesterday, and it said on the control panel that I was using 144mb out of my alotted 20 mb, which is odd because I haven't uploaded a single file yet. Also, when I check the memory usage, it says that I'm using only about .8 megs. Tantalizing, isn't it?

microscopic^earthling: I'm almost sure that I'd get warned if I made a post like yours; even I try to take it simply as a joke, I feel a bit deceived seeing and admin laughing at users' issues.
Killtacular: I've the same problem. When I accessed cpanel for the first time, it reported 55/20 mb :D I assumed that it was counting preinstalled scripts and all this stuff, so I didn't bothered; but this morning I received this mail:

Subject: Disk Usage Warning (critical)Body:
The account with the username 'gdt', is running out of disk space.
    Please remove some files from this account, or ask the administrator to increase your disk quota.
    You have currently used 275.51% of your disk space.

It has worried me a bit. I've just got the hosting, and I'm worried to lose it for such an issue.
I hope that admins will take this problem seriously; even not with cash, we are somehow paying for the hosting service.