xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
saga

Help In Buying Laptop i need help

im planning to buy a laptop and i need help on it. What do you think is the best laptop that has this specs:at least 2 GHz Pentium Processorat least 512 Mb DDRinternal DVD/CD-RW drivean ATI Radeon video if possiblelightweight, 1 kg if possible less than thatim thinking of buying ASUS but i could not find any ASUS laptop with such specs...maybe you know one...thanx.....

im planning to buy a laptop and i need help on it. What do you think is the best laptop that has this specs:

at least 2 GHz Pentium Processor

at least 512 Mb DDR

internal DVD/CD-RW drive

an ATI Radeon video if possible

lightweight, 1 kg if possible less than that

im thinking of buying ASUS but i could not find any ASUS laptop with such specs...

maybe you know one...

thanx.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can tell you you won't find any laptops that specifically meet those specifications, especially weighing less than 1kg.

Some HP/Compaq Laptops meets 1.6GHz Centrino, 512MB, DVD/CD-RW and ATI Radeon and weighs just under 2kg.

Some Sony VIAO meets 1.5GHz Pentium M 755, 256MB, DVD/CD-RW, ATI Radeon and weighs 1.5kgs.

There's plenty more out there I guess, but hard to match, Sony VIAO (PCG-V505EC29) seems like the better choice because of lightweight and choice of CPU, as it's not hard to install an extra 256MB RAM chip.

Cheers,

MC

I will recomand you a Sony Vaio S series or Sony Vaio T series. Very nice, small, portable and anything you want laptops. Sony Vaio VGN-T2XP/S is one of the best. Take a look at the sony website.I hope you will enjoy everything I wrote here. If you need more informations just send me a private message.Best regards, Florin Asavoaie.

Hey Saga

Don't care to much about the Ghz because a centrino (1,4Ghz) is almost the same as a pentium 4 (2,4Ghz) in a desktop.
That is because the centrino has al bigger cache.

And aout the one kilo forget about that.
At least 1,8 Kilograms for a bot of computer.

Maybe check Dell
You can adjust your laptop there a bit.
Or go to a big computer store.
There you can probably build your own computer.
With your own specifications.

Greetz Luccie

I wouldn't go to a big store unless you have money to throw away, I would look for a small place that builds their own computers and focuses on selling all the parts at competitive prices as well as repairs. They may not build their own laptops but they probably sell them at more reasonable prices. If you have the right kind of store the total price should be under $1000 (in the US).The kind of battery you want could have a big impact on the price though.

I would guess that Dell has some new offers. But try the smaller companies because computers can be charged just by the name. You might find a better deal from a company called "Nikita" that nobodys heard about and find the same type of machine under the name "Compaq" that sells for a much larger price.I really don't like labtops because they are expensive and normal computers can hold much more memory.

Yeah, I recomend you getting from a small bussiness, as things are just much easier and cheaper. Make sure you remember to not get a Celeron unless you are not planning to use any software that is likely to require more than 128/256kb cache.Also if you are wanting to play games, try get a mobile readon for cheap but good graphics

Apple Computer makes lighter portables. Why not go to a big store like Frye's Electronics that has the different computers and just lift a few up to see the weight?Don't forget, it isn't just the laptop, it is the bag you put it in and the accessories you carry about in that bag.

We we actually customize our own laptops like how we could customize our down desktop computers???? I have been curious about that for awhile now... If yes, we would you be able to buy your parts and stuff to create a super laptop that fits your preference.... Would it be cheaper to build one too? or would it be more expensive buying the parts separately???Thanks in advance3...chin chin..

If you want to get a really nice laptop, go to falcon notrtwest and look at theirs. They might be a little heavy, but my do they have power. They also have some of the best support out there. It is the only company I've heard of that wil overclock your components for you, without voiding your waranty. All you have to do is send it to them in a special case that they send with the computer. They are a tad bit expensive though.

I'm currently debating getting a laptop, but if I get one I'll probably go for a low end iBook (I can get a pretty good deal through my university) Since I just need it for programming for school and other school work, my only real uses for it other then that would be music, net, the basics, so power really isn't a problem. If your laptop is going to replace your desktop I could understand wanting high end but if your only using it for mobility think carefully about waht you'll actually use it for, it might just say you a grand.

You won't find a laptop under a kilo...For a fast, lightweight laptop that's affordable with good graphics I'd recommend looking at the Apple iBook if you're willing to go Mac (no real reason not to unless you have a lot of money invested in Windows software). The 1.2GHz PowerPC is similar in speed to a 2GHz Pentium 4. They've got ATI Radeon graphics, built-in Firewire, very lightweight. Excellent security and power management - I get about 5 hours on mine. Solid construction as well.Otherwise, you might consider the Sony VIAOs, I don't have much experience with them, but they're nice looking as well and seem very well-built.