xisto Community
Benz1435

Turning An Image Into A Cartoon Style - Photoshop Tutorial on cartooning images.

I did this from my own headshot! Had to use a gaussian blur of 8 radius.

Posted Image

The effects really differ for different types of pictures. I think it works best on close-ups but makes scenery look silly.

Edited by bishoujo (see edit history)

i came up with these (from sample images above :D)... more cartoony results than the previous ones?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

okay, i confess, i cheated! LOL :) i didn't use photoshop. :D instead, i used IntoCartoon (evaluation software available for download) which primarily does the same effect. it's not for everyone really, but it could be a good investment for anybody into heavy conversion of ordinary images to cartoon-like results as those i've posted. :D

I used this technique for image from cartoon, but was enlarged so looked pretty poor (mozaic-like). After this sequence it looks okay. :)

Do you know a easy website where I can just browse my piture make it into a cartoonish figure and put it on myspace?Thanks -question by dwayne

I really like quick tips and tricks. I tried this on a picture and in just 3 clicks you have a great effect. It was fun running through the other modes of fading. Each one gave a different effect. Here's my picture.

Posted Image

Keep up the posts!

Annimating in PhotoShop - great tip...question

Turning An Image Into A Cartoon Style - Photoshop

I want to animate some video I have. What is the best way for an amateur to do so? I'm not into high end video SW - I see PhotoShop has a video area - I want it to be pretty much like a RotoScope, but I don't want to do it how they did in "A Scanner Darkly" which was to trace every frame, there has to be an automated way. Ideas please?

-reply by Fletch

Replying to Trap FeedBackerIt's right there Edit Menu and you will see it Fade Gaussian BlurOr Shift+Ctrl+FTip:When you do an effect, you will see Fade in Edit Menu. For example, If you add cloud to your image, in Edit you will see Fade Cloud. -reply by BLowFish