xisto Community
rhodesian.dragon

Best Way To Promote A Website?

First of all you'll need content and lots of it so SE can spider through all those words. My site had a moderate amount of content in a page and typed in a statement from it and Google found it.
Content before Advertising.

Anyone willing to share some results? I'm very curious as to how much a person earns on what means, on how many unique visits, with what kind of site, in what kind of timeframe?

I've seen my fair share of supposed results on bunches of "get rich overnight" sites.

Are we talking hundreds? Thousands, even?

Adverise on site that are viewed alot....Tell people about it on MSN Messenger Make shore you have a search engine system were your site can be viewed in a google search.Make shore you have a good reason for them to view the site make shore its not on a domain like (yoursite.something.something.com)try have it on (yoursite.com) insted of some long URL

i thing first of all you need to have a very good site ...and than to promote your site....but to do this you have to have realy good articles on your website.I only know what I have learned incidentally:1 Encourage good/popular sites to sign on to your service and link to you.2. Advertise on sites which your target audience might visit.3. Join a forum related to your idea, put your URL in your signature, and (this is the important part )make interesting posts about unrelated subjects. People who become interested in you will check your website, and no-one will accuse you of spamming.

Edited by tudor (see edit history)

Giving people what they want is the best way to promote yourself and your business. No matter if it's web or physical.If your business is only web presence, you've got a lot of competition to try and stand out from the rest.Cheers,MC

i thing that are many sites (engine sites) that promote your site i thing google is the best but if you have 3-4 hours a day you will see that you can promote alone your web sites...for this are forums that alowed you to put your site on the signitures adn more...but it is more easy to promot a good site with intresting info and images.

Yeah it can be very very hard to get you website out there and keep getting hits but if you advertise on forums and google and like get other people to put a link on there site you will get there good luck

Latest Promotion tips.. An endless Saga

Best Way To Promote A Website?

Website Promotion

Site submission:

- Good Titles

- No Broken Links

- Site pages properly spidered by robot, keywords and meta on each page, 255 max (Google only SHOWS first 60)

- Should Only Need to Submit Home page if site robots are coded properly

- https://searchenginewatch.com/ Monitors Position of search engines

- Popular Search Engines Engines http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

- Submittal to Web-directories

- Linked to other sites, Digg articles, RSS and Wiki Objects

- TARGETED Emails WITH signature <Site.Me; NOT SPAM

- Newgroups and forums, particularly RSS enabled, large traffic sites, creme-de-la-creme

- Offline Marketing

- Webrings of similar sites, providers or even town services sites. A single directory for all

(webring.Org)

- Banner Exchange Program

- Lastly or perhaps firstly, having something people want or need in an appropriate package!

-reply by smudge

Good content is a must. That way, when you do get visitors, they come back! Promote your website through friends, ads of your own, or even tshirts. Also, there are many resources on the internet that offer free ways to promote your website. Try googling it. :mellow: