xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Houdini

Anyone Using IPBNuke? I have an install problem with it if so

I have sucessfully installed The IPBNUKE version 7.4 and got it to work as per the install then I used the sm_install.php to install the IPB forums in the forums of the IPBNUKE. I then set up a simple forum and whan I attempted to go to the board home it sends an SQL error

Fatal error: Class 'sql_db' not found in C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\ipbnuke\db\db.php on line 84
Does anyone in these forums use this or have any experience with this system?  I use PHP-Nuke 7.7 with phpBB that is heaviilly modded with mods that I port from phpBB to PHP-Nuke, but IPB is alot different to me and would like to learn more about this system since it has features that come with it that phpBB doesn't have unless you MOD it up.

Any help I could get would most certainly be appreciated. :)

The version I am using is 1,2F but you could use 1.3. I suppose the reason that you are asking is because of the posting BB Code (which I just modified even more and better).

I have been modifying phpBB for over a year but went to making some of them available also with the IPB forums but still learning how the system is set up, I don't know it quite as well as phpBB2 but have found that some modifications are much easier with IPB and some are not quite so easy to make happen, this is probably because I am so used to phpBB2.

I just don't like the limited capability and drab looking selections that come with a standard IPB, the only place you can get that mod is at that site or my other site at NukeXtra in the IPB software download category.

I haven't considered submitting it to IPB or Invisionize yet but might in the near future, as I just rewrote the install for the new version of the BB Codes that are on that site (which is down at the moment as it has been for the past couple of days off and on) last night.

No it is just a personally modified version of Invision 1.2F!

first off dont use ipb1.2 any1 with any form of coding knowlege could hack your board, get ipb 2.1 or even better vbb 3.5 and use vbadvanced which is alot simpler to understand